Author Topic: Help with gunsights  (Read 349 times)

Precha

Help with gunsights
« on: March 07, 2003, 03:05:13 PM »
I know this may be a duh question, but I was curious on home to make a edit custom gunsights. It seems to me that there used to be a tutorial or something either on the HTC site or on a fan site. I may just be overlooking it or something, but if someone could point me the right way I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Precha

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Help with gunsights
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 03:13:24 PM »
A very basic description:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/sights.html

I've edited a few sights before... I think all you need to do is make sure the background is that pink color, and you'll be fine.  And I wouldn't change the size or color depth of the image.  

If you want to make your own sight, I would just grab one of the default ones, save it under a different name, and then edit it in Paint or something.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Help with gunsights
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 03:40:49 PM »
Do a search in ALL forums for "gunsight" and you will find more than what you need.

Besides the typical/default sight that you see, AH can also use what is called an alpha-sight and more commonly know as the "illuminated" sight. This employs 2 picture to create one.

I use an illuminated sight that I made. I did exactly what Tarmac suggested. I took and existing sight and altered it to my liking
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."