Author Topic: No Sound Recorded on AVI  (Read 753 times)

Offline Reckless54

• Zinc Member
No Sound Recorded on AVI
« on: December 30, 2002, 07:59:28 PM »
After capturing a segment of film and saving it in AVI format under either "Uncompressed" format or the "MPEG4 V2 CODEC" I do not get any voice or sound.

I have used RealPlayer, MS Media Player, and DivX ThePlaya.  The film plays with no problems in any of the players or fomats there is just no voice or sound with it.

Questions:
    1.  Does saving a film to AVI preserve the sound and voice from the .AHF format or is it only video?
    2.  Is there a way to have the original film sound transfered to the AVI file?

I must say, I definitely prefer the MPEG4 format for its clarity and resolution.

Any help would be greatly appriciated, I am working on a training project for various phases of flight.

Offline -kvin-

• Zinc Member
      • http://rocaf.net
I have same problem with ya.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 03:57:59 AM »
:mad:  Yes, We need sound in the any format convert to AVI, but i just cant output the film from AHF to AVI with SOUND..... i really need that if i show my movie to our squadies in "AH Squadron Flight Movies", i cant let the pliots radio voice into my movie... :(

Can anyone help us ??

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
No Sound Recorded on AVI
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 03:00:46 AM »
Set your sound/volume settings to "what you hear" rather than "microphone" use a sound prog. to record the sound as you watch the film in the "in game" film viewer. You'll need to time and interleave the video and sound in another prog. like Adobe Premiere.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."