Author Topic: My solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict (serious)  (Read 554 times)

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
My solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict (serious)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2003, 07:36:47 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
This is where the US and EU comes into the picture. Huge EU/US funded rebuild-programs  can be started in the west bank. A true "win their hearts and minds" campaign. If the pals get to live normal lifes under the Jordan flag, if their homes are rebuilt, if money is spent on their schools, homes, kids etc the terrorists will be marginalized.

Better thing to do, IMHO.

WTG Hortlund, there's still hope for you. ;) :p

And is a good solution for others hot places around. ;)

Has been used before (read Europe, Ex USSR satellites) an IT WORKS!!! :eek:

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2003, 07:38:17 AM »
Hey, get the UN to build a big old DMZ/wall all around Israel. I'm sure the French and Germans will be eager to man it for the UN. :D

I just don't want to see ANY (Zero, none, not a single one) US troops anywhere near it.

OH... I still think it won't stop the Palestinian/Israeli violence.

But that's just my .02.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2003, 07:40:48 AM »
I agree Naso , IMO education is the only the way to go.

Toad, I'll go but I cannot be any more in the army.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »
some posted some excellent ideas....good stuff.

but the conflict we see today between Israel/Pal, is not really what we should really call it....its more on the lines of Jews/Arabs conflict....which has been happenning for a very very long time.....

the fundamental problems occurs cause the Arab religion says.....'KILL THE JEWS"......Israel/Pal....is just an excuse to apply said words of the Holy book for Arabs(Coran).....

and it doesn't help too see AMERICAN hardware in JEWISH hands either.....

so the questions you raised are valid(4 points)....but until BOTH nations stop applyin there religious beliefs 1st....no answers will be found to satisfy all parties.....gotta find a way of excluding religion in IMHO....

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2003, 11:35:17 AM »
but the conflict we see today between Israel/Pal, is not really what we should really call it....its more on the lines of Jews/Arabs conflict....which has been happenning for a very very long time.....

the fundamental problems occurs cause the Arab religion says.....'KILL THE JEWS"......Israel/Pal....is just an excuse to apply said words of the Holy book for Arabs(Coran).....

Until 1947 there were fairly large numbers of Jews living in Arab countries, with far less persecution than in most of Europe.

Jews were driven out of Israel or massacred by the Crusaders, they were allowed back by Arabs after the crusaders had been driven out.

Jews lived throughout Spain under the Moors, only to be driven out and persecuted under the Christians.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2003, 11:47:50 AM »
ok maybe I shoulda been a little clearer......

watched a report by a journalist who went inside Pakistan.....Saudi Arabia...and some other Arab countries

with hidden camera he went inside some religious schools.....

every school he entered he ask questions concerning Jews......

he got all the same responses.......

the good book says kill the jew.....

and the HAMAS are applyin that Holy War jihad thing against the Jews.....

until the Hamas stop using religious overtones in there killings.....it won't stop...even if ya answer the 4 question put forth by Hortlund

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2003, 12:32:25 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
Sounds good since the palestinians are egyptians and jordanians in the first place .

and Jordan was formerly called "Trans Palestine" and was the orginal home of the "Palestinians".  Until the Jordanians threw them out for revolting and attacking the goverment.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2003, 12:50:31 PM »
Originally posted by 2Slow
and Jordan was formerly called "Trans Palestine" and was the orginal home of the "Palestinians"

TransPalestine, home of the Palestinian transvestite movement.

(I think it was Trans Jordan, meaning "other side of [the river] Jordan")