Author Topic: Getting hot in Baghdad  (Read 334 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Getting hot in Baghdad
« on: April 02, 2003, 08:40:47 PM »
And not only for the Iraqis. Supposed to hit 100 there tomorrow. Pure misery in those chem suits at that temperature.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Getting hot in Baghdad
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 09:16:56 PM »
means iraqi military in trouble. being hot and miserable just increase motivation our guys to end the whole thing that much faster. the brits probably hanging better they used to warm beer our guys gonna start to get very irritated. check it out my first smiley face. :cool:

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Getting hot in Baghdad
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 10:02:56 PM »
akiron ... your avatar is making you veeeerrrrrrrrrry sleepy, veeeeeeerrrrrrry sleepy!
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Getting hot in Baghdad
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 10:09:30 PM »
I have this unexplainable urge to fly straight and level when enemies around.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Getting hot in Baghdad
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 01:55:37 AM »
Yes, Iron. It worries me too. And I was worried about it when all that UN prevarication was going on. By the start of this year, it was inevitable that US troops would go into Iraq. If only they could have started in January, as in 1991. But the UN had various levels of diplomacy to be gone through. France was messing about etc.

What can it be like to be in a tank when the outside temperature is 31°C... and with the threat of a chemical attack (from weapons that Saddam claimed he did not have) does this mean that the tank crew will have to be suited up?  Do tanks have a/c or some other cooling device? And what if that breaks down... Would it work with the engine stopped?

Baghdad weather - latest.

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
Getting hot in Baghdad
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 02:48:32 AM »
Talked to my high school buddies right before they shipped out.  One is the driver of a M1 tank.  He said the tanks have NBC protection, but the air is simply fan cooled, not chilled by an airconditioner.