Author Topic: 04-01-03 Report Requested  (Read 339 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
04-01-03 Report Requested
« on: April 01, 2003, 03:06:06 PM »
I need my fix of russian orthadox news.

Thanks in advance
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 03:14:32 PM »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 03:18:24 PM »
Ahhh  thankee Pongo :)

The best position is informed from all directions.

Here it is most interesting:
Russian military analysts are advising the Iraqi military command against excessive optimism. There is no question that the US “blitzkrieg” failed to take control of Iraq and to destroy its army. It is clear that the Americans got bogged down in Iraq and the military campaign hit a snag. However, the Iraqi command is now in danger of underestimating the enemy. For now there is no reason to question the resolve of the Americans and their determination to reach the set goal – complete occupation of Iraq.
===========
I can easily turn the tables on this and imagine US military intelligence evaluating russian military action and advising defenders.  No doubt its been done on more than several occassions.  Is all fascinating to me.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2003, 03:22:54 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 03:46:15 PM »
Its certainly an interesting read.

Notice though that the latest "warning to the Iraqi's" is their way of dancing around the "AMERIKA is GETTING IS ARSE KICKED" propaganda of the last several days. So now if the Coalition continues to be successful, they're reports will say "we warned the Iraqi's, but it was their own fault" and "the Iraqi's WERE winning, but they got over confident and ....."

See it almost makes sense ! ;)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 03:51:02 PM »
Even taking its source. The report has credibility.

I think thats where the war is. The US and Brits are focused and both sides have shown they are going to make a war of it.
I think the russians just picked that 1000 number out of thier hats. There is some big number of casualties that the US and Britian are not willing to take..but 1000 seems a bit low to me. I think the Arabs judge the US by somalia. That is a big mistake. The US knows as well as anyone that you have to break eggs to make an ommlete. And they have national interest reasons to break some eggs in Iraq.

I think the underestimation phase of the war is way over.
What we have to worry about more then anything else is broadening the war. Arab countries have thier best chance ever to take a shot at the US. Im not totally sure they wouldnt do it.

The bit about the pontoon bridge being the last one in theater and it taking 2 weeks to get another just doenst make sense.
Maybe they only had two. But anything truck transportable is C5 transportable. IF it has high enough priority they could have it at one of the captured airfields in 2 days surely.

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 12:20:46 AM »
look at it this way, we lost 2,000 or so at Pearl Harbor, and were happy to spend 100,000 or more lives just to kick the Japs from Hell to Sunday and back again, not to mention the other 300 or 400,000 to help get rid of Hitler.  So looking at 3,000 lost to one set of wacky Arabs, I'd say we have a *lot* of unexpended mad on yet that will need an outlet
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 12:24:08 AM by Rasker »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 12:27:10 AM »
That is interesting.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 12:58:56 AM »
i'm afraid the war news is all bad , the imperial oil mongering boosh mercinaries are kicking the butts of the mighty saddam suicide armies, saddams only hope lies with the french/german/russian armys

saddam , the light of islam

Offline --am--

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Re: 04-01-03 Report Requested
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2003, 01:43:07 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
I need my fix of russian orthadox news.

Thanks in advance

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83586