Author Topic: Frame rate questions  (Read 243 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Frame rate questions
« on: April 01, 2003, 12:46:05 PM »
Posted a whine on channel 1 over the weekend regarding a bunch of "microwarps" that have been plaquing me. As I said at he time it was an 80% whine 20% "whats up" post. SKurj suggested it's some kind of a problem related to rendering issues and sound card/vidio card compatability (if I remember right). Anyway, I'm always looking to expand my horizons and would appreciate any help.

The problem occurs when I'm in tight on a smoking bandit (inside 500 or so) I get very jumpy picture of bandit but background and other cons are stable and frame rate isusually pegged at 75...will drop down to 25-35 in a furball over burning base or such. It's a very intermittent problem and seems to happen more with pony's and 109's than any other plane and only about 5% of the time in apparently "same" circumstances.

System

AMD 2200+
Gigabyte Ga-7VAXP KT400 board
512 2700 DDR (single stick)
T1 4200 128 DDR (MSI)
Windows XP home
Twin Western Digital 80 gig drives with 8 meg buffers
onboard 6 channel sound (soundblaster of some kind)

Pretty certain I'm running the .82 drivers but I'll double check at home.

Hope I didn't leave anything important out...anyway all help greatly appreciated

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Frame rate questions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 01:15:35 PM »
Make sure the hardware acceleration for the sound card/chip is at 3/4....not Full.

Any interrupts being shared?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Frame rate questions
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 01:53:19 PM »
I'll double check everything once I get home skuzzy. I left all th sound stuff at the default.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson