Author Topic: 1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills  (Read 373 times)

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills
« on: May 24, 2003, 07:49:41 PM »
The situation was desperate.  The mighty and valiant Bishops were fighting to keep their tiny outpost (A5) on the southern flank of the Knights 3rd Reich.  Wave after wave of enemy ground vehicle attacks were killing many brave bish pilots.  Vultchers were killing just as many.  Planes were exploding left and right as pilots scrambled to take to the air.  I knew there was only one thing to do.

3 magnificent B26s roared into the air from the southern runway on A5.  Each bomber carried 25% fuel and 4000 pounds of insta-death destined for some poor knight bastage.  I was the lead ship.  I would once again save my base.  Heading out to sea, I turned my formation to line up on a Tiger 1 tank that had been immobilized.  "A veritable pillbox" I thought to myself.  Fortunately it exploded before I dropped 12,000 pounds of bombs on it.  

"Alright boys, lets take the fight to those dirty knights" I said on the bomber intercom.  1000 feet agl, I slowly scanned the vast grassland for enemy vehicles.  Flossy could be heard on the radio saying "who is shooting me? who is shooting me?".  Combat is no place for a woman.

Suddenly a huge explosion rocked my formation.  "OH JEBUS THEY GOT FRANK!" I screamed as my #2 plane tumbled out of formation in a bloody fireball.  I hopped in the top turret firing 50cal shells at the 190A8 who gutlessly attacked my formation.  Oh yes, I would get my revenge.

The 190 flew away unscathed, but I was on a mission.  Ahead of me lay a Knight town.  "Manifold pressure 35inches, airspeed 200, bay doors open, bomb sight lined up on church" I mumbled to myself as a verbal check-list.  But it would not be easy.  In the distance P51s, Fw190s, 110s, Spitfires and La5s could be seen scrambling to send me to my death.  Knowing I would never reach my objective, I veered ever so slightly off course as to not get exploded by the town aa.  Yes, let the bandits think I am on the bomb run.  The P51 crept closer and closer, firing on me at 1.3k.  *Ping ping ping*  Alright toko-mojo, if thats how you want to play, I will give ya some.  I opened up with the tail-guns.  He dove in and came in close.  300 yards.  I exploded his wing off in a blaze of fury. "See ya in hell" I yelled.

Some other planes attacked me and I sent them to hell too.  Basically I tied up the entire knight attack and saved my base once again.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 07:56:41 PM »
God Bless Frank. :(

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 08:07:03 PM »
Great read.

You know I wonder if people do that on purpose.. Up a suicide formation to draw away fighters. Cause you know what... it works! .. I'm in the thick of it trying to help fellow "3rd Reich" Knights only to see them race to the "easy" kill and I'm left with swarm of cons that I dove on to help them against. grrr.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
Re: 1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 05:52:28 AM »
Originally posted by davidpt40
Flossy could be heard on the radio saying "who is shooting me? who is shooting me?".  Combat is no place for a woman.

Flossy, oh Flooosssyyy!?

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 09:18:54 PM »

'Nother day,'Nother kill

Offline sqwigly

• Zinc Member
very nice writing
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 10:03:54 PM »
but i was waiting for the big finish?what happened?dinner time?

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 01:12:31 AM »
Just thank Kurt Tank

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 01:20:54 AM »
but i was waiting for the big finish?what happened?dinner time?

So you noticed- story was getting too long and I decided to do something else.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
1 Man, 3 Planes, 6 Kills
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 01:29:17 AM »
David has  seen Pearl Harbor too many times :D