Author Topic: POLL: "Updates vs new content"  (Read 128 times)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
POLL: "Updates vs new content"
« on: November 25, 2001, 02:34:00 AM »
Several of the older (mostly beta-era) aircraft and cockpits are starting to, ahem, show signs of their age.  Cockpits, such as those of the F4U, FW-190 and P-51 (and a couple others) pale in comparison to newer ones (the 262 cockpit is beautiful!). Some of the 3D shapes are also starting to look a bit "rough" as well.

I admit it--I'm jealous   :)

Also, there's a number of small but oh-so-annoying bugs, such as the B-17 shooting through its own tail and the LANC's propellers chopping into the cockpit (well at least it looks like they are).  There's also the issue of the map becomming un-readable at night, and a host of other small nusiances.  It certainly wouldn't hurt anyone to fix those.

Who would like to see HTC devote one single game version, say 1.1 or 1.11, to updating the present game as opposed to adding new material?    While adding new material is important, it is equally important to keep older portions of the game up-to-date.  I'd be perfectly happy if HTC were to take some time off from development to make the older portions of the game up-to-date.  I don't need new material every 2 or 3 months to keep me happy   :)

(Of course I'm happy either way, HTC is awesome)

Count me as number 1 FOR an "update" version.

J_A_B

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2001, 06:34:00 AM »
count me as number 2.  but keep the jack in the f4u!

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2001, 07:05:00 AM »
What makes you think it's an "either or" situation?

Going from the past, most patches *are* bug fixes and tweaks, it's just that they also include new A/C; and it's the A/C that grab the attention.

Take a look through the read me's, if you've still got them.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
Yes....I have been bugging HTC since forever to address the shabby look of my B17.

I am really hoping that the bombing fixes in 1.09 include a trip to the beauty parlor for her.

This game is amazing though, I see it evolving into a limited, not for ten thousand players, WWII Online that actually works in all areas.

I know it is "Aces High" but the slow addition of working ships, vehicles and trains add desirable elements that broaden the customer base and that cannot be bad.

Seeker, we are talking version upgrade, not fixes to a numbered upgrade.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Sunchaser ]

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
I thought I was the loudest in regards to fixing the existing fleet before adding more to it!  Well damn

I agree completely.  Let's dedicate some time to getting caught up, fixing some of the graphics booboo's (i.e. texture missing inside the lower right in the Ar234 cockpit view) and making them all look pretty.

Then add crater damage!   :D

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Texture missing inside the tower? (can you explain please)

HiTech

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2001, 05:22:00 PM »
HT, if you're replying to Lepaul, re-read it...I thought it said "the tower" at first too.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
I too would like to see some exsisting planes updated graphically.

It would be real nice to see the P-51D updated to the same graphic level as her predecessor, the P-51B.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2001, 11:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by hitech:
Texture missing inside the tower? (can you explain please)

HiTech

Too much beer, miswrote that.

Inside the Ar234, in cockpit, lower right view.  Mentioned this in Bug Reports a few weeks ago, screen shot there.  Here's URL...
 http://www.hitechcreations.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=002992