Author Topic: Stick lockups with X-45  (Read 328 times)

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
Stick lockups with X-45
« on: April 11, 2003, 07:07:58 PM »
Every once and awhile my Saitek X-45 seems to lock up. None of the buttons function, yet the stick axis, throttle inputs and rudder remain functional. As of now the only thing that seems to unlock it is random and frantic button pushing, lol. Unfortuanatly, sometimes it results in sending me to deasktop (not crashing) where by the time I can get back in I have crashed or been shoot down. Anyone else had this prob, and if so what to do?
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Stick lockups with X-45
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 08:51:47 PM »
when i actually plug my saitek in it sometimes locks out the programmed buttons. I have to unplug it from the usb port then reload the game file (or is it just reload the file? forgot, been using my ms pp2 twisty).

bockk

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Stick lockups with X-45
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 12:08:08 AM »
my X45 did squirrly things until i started using a powered USB hub
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Phyre

• Zinc Member
Stick lockups with X-45
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 10:40:06 AM »
Glad i found out bout thist particular Joystick as i am looking for one.

are the problems minimal or happen often?

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Stick lockups with X-45
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 12:11:58 PM »
phyre, the stick works great, the lockups are occasional. Only problem I found with the stick is that the MS stick fits the hand perfectly whereas the saitek stick isnt quite as ergonomic. Plus, I am waiting for rudder pedals before I start using the x45 full time, don't really like the rocker rudder.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
X-45
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 05:44:08 PM »
Anyone have a good key map for the X-45. Im having a time trying to program M2 and M3 and actually make them work. If anyone has a good one can you email it to me at.

kevykev56@cox.net

Thanks
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Sticky Buttons and Profiles.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 06:41:32 PM »
I found that Alt-Tabbing or minimizing AH in game would corrupt my button mappings, and sometimes there would be a delay from the time I pressed a button and the action took place. Same for releasing the botton.

A Full re-install cured the sticky buttons problem, but Alt-Tabbing still makes me lose the buttons.

In the problem you are having losing all your buttons, I would check and make sure there is no application running that is trying to take the focus away from the game. Since the X45 has the "Magic Keyboard" your inputs may be getting fed into another app. Also, if you mapped keys to all your buttons in the profile editor, Check your text buffer next time that happens and make sure that your commands aren't being captured there. All you need is the '/' Key mapped somewhere to make that happen, like say, a './squelch 1' macro? :)

Just my $.02

2Hawks