Author Topic: interesting read  (Read 312 times)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
interesting read
« on: May 28, 2003, 08:19:56 AM »
Policing, moreover, is not enough without provision for pacific settlement. We should increase the resort to special missions of fact- finding and conciliation, make greater use of the International Court of Justice, and accelerate the work of the International Law Commission.

The United Nations cannot survive as a static organization. Its obligations are increasing as well as its size. Its Charter must be changed as well as its customs. The authors of that Charter did not intend that it be frozen in perpetuity. The science of weapons and war has made us all, far more than 18 years ago in San Francisco, one world and one human race, with one common destiny. In such a world, absolute sovereignty no longer assures us of absolute security. The conventions of peace must pull abreast and then ahead of the inventions of war. The United Nations, building on its successes and learning from its failures, must be developed into a genuine world security system.

But peace does not rest in charters and covenants alone. It lies in the hearts and minds of all people. And if it is cast out there, then no act, no pact, no treaty, no organization can hope to preserve it without the support and the wholehearted commitment of all people. So let us not rest all our hopes on parchment and on paper; let us strive to build peace, a desire for peace, a willingness to work for peace, in the hearts and minds of all our people. I believe that we can. I believe the problems of human destiny are not beyond the reach of human beings.

My fellow inhabitants of this planet: Let us take our stand here in this Assembly of nations. And let us see if we, in our own time, can move the world to a just and lasting peace.

John F. Kennedy

still is the best you ever had.....

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
interesting read
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 08:36:32 AM »
John F. Kennedy

still is the best you ever had.....

really? What did he do that was so great?

Washington, Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, John  Adams, Dwight Eisenhower, and Reagan I'd rate above Kennedy.

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
interesting read
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 09:09:45 AM »
neither of the above banged maryling monroe. He wins!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
interesting read
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 09:10:07 AM »
Reagan above Kennedy?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
interesting read
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 09:13:28 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Reagan above Kennedy?

yes - without a doubt

do you think Kennedy wrote his own speeaches?

the latest has him stoned more than clinton....

if not for his assination, history would have him in the carter corner as prez goes

how did he get into office again?? oh yeah daddy joe & the mob - how did he get outa office again ?? oh yeah daddy joe and the mob
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 09:17:21 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
interesting read
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 09:19:53 AM »
Bay Of Pigs.

Operation Mongoose.

Entry into VietNam/Diem.

America's Finest Hour?

Why is it that all the saints seem to have mud on their sandals?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
interesting read
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 09:52:59 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Reagan above Kennedy?

who was pres in 61 when this went up?

<-WOW -- that did alot

then in '87

before it came down in 89
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 09:56:04 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
interesting read
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 11:02:49 AM »
ok I shoulda been maybe a little clearer about my idea's....

In the world view....meaning outside your country.

JFK stands to be the most well liked statesmen your country has given us.....

you seem to forget he made a very agressive stand against Russia.....he never backed down:cool:

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
interesting read
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 11:43:10 AM »
toad , you beat me to it.....bay of pigs, etc

JFK almost started a nuke war with russia, remember, russia put the missles in cuba BECAUSE of the bay of pigs.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
interesting read
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 11:55:08 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
ok I shoulda been maybe a little clearer about my idea's....

In the world view....meaning outside your country.

JFK stands to be the most well liked statesmen your country has given us.....

you seem to forget he made a very agressive stand against Russia.....he never backed down:cool:

So did Reagan.