Author Topic: message to newbie fighter bombers..  (Read 406 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
message to newbie fighter bombers..
« on: June 18, 2003, 07:59:45 AM »
I know that you are new and don't know all the subtle ettiquette of AH but...

It is considered very bad form to hit the ground with your out of control jabo fighter before I am allowed to put a few rounds into you... please try to survive a  little longer while suiciding into the toolsheds at the fields.

thankyou
lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's
We are not recruiting... when someone dies we might send you an application..

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 08:50:11 AM »
Very unthoughtful on their parts....back in the day, new players were much more cooperative.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 08:51:39 AM »
Some tips:

Fly a P-47 for maximum load-out, but you're better off with a Corsair or Hellcat because you can drop the gear as an air brake when you dive down.

When you get to the target, cut throttle all the way back and drop a notch or two of flaps before you roll over.

Drop your bombs first.

Drop your load at 5,000 feet, rather than 1,000 feet.

Don't fly the P-38 as a jabo plane until you feel comfortable with compression.

If you absolutely stink at air-to-ground, fly a F4U1D or P47D with rockets and leave the bombs at home.

Ignore that Rook 109G10 or P51B closing in on your six.  It is absolutely no threat to you whatsoever.  Its just redikulus! :D

Offline fullback

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 10:28:12 AM »
"Fly a P-47 for maximum load-out, but you're better off with a Corsair or Hellcat because you can drop the gear as an air brake when you dive down."

I must have a special version of AH since my P-47 has dive flaps. :rolleyes:

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 11:51:11 AM »
P47D dive flaps won't act as air brakes.  They simply provide more lift and drag.  The Corsair and Hellcat gear doors provide more drag and no lift.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 12:11:02 PM »
GoFaster interesting how things work best in AH,  yet yesterday I read a how to,  but a WW2 Vet and how they would approach an attack run.  

Basicly Compression really wasnt an issue and they would come down at as steep and angel as practical,  Full Throttle with Water Injection on.  

He said they wanted to be fast, that it improved accuracy.

Seems the technics his fighter group used, is about opposite what works better in the Game.    But of course this is just a game/sim and cant replicate everything.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: message to newbie fighter bombers..
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 12:25:08 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I know that you are new and don't know all the subtle ettiquette of AH but...

It is considered very bad form to hit the ground with your out of control jabo fighter before I am allowed to put a few rounds into you... please try to survive a  little longer while suiciding into the toolsheds at the fields.

thankyou
lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's
We are not recruiting... when someone dies we might send you an application..
LOL Lazs! This, coming from the guy who once said
But really... What, in your opinion, should AH be? What should the MA be? I personally like to see a lot of guys having fun and HTC making money.
And Mr. Toad pointed out that he'd never seen an AH gameplay rule book.

Do I take it that the days of "it's my $14.95/month and I'll fly how I like" are now giving way to a new spirit of "etiquette"? Hehe, never thought I'd see this - least of all from Lazs! ;):p

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 12:26:05 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
Some tips:

Fly a P-47 for maximum load-out, but you're better off with a Corsair or Hellcat because you can drop the gear as an air brake when you dive down.

When you get to the target, cut throttle all the way back and drop a notch or two of flaps before you roll over.

Drop your bombs first.

Drop your load at 5,000 feet, rather than 1,000 feet.

A question was asked of an old AW player that was a real fighter pilot in WW2 about dive bombing and what he said was kind of interesting.  One of the things he said was that he would dive on his target at full throttle with WEP on, usually starting from 12,000ft and at a steep as an angle as possible to ensure maximum accuracy.

Don't fly the P-38 as a jabo plane until you feel comfortable with compression.

Since I'm sure you don't fly the P-38 often in here, but you really do have to work at it to get it into enter compressability and again, compressability in the P-38 is also altitude dependent.  So if he isn't starting his dive at high altitudes (above 20,000ft), compressability isn't that much of a factor, unless you let it become one.

Again, the same AW player that was a WWII pilot also flew the P-38G in the MTO (he also flew the P-47 and P-39) never had a problem with compressability and when he got the P-38G, was never even told about any problems with compressability.  But he never used the P-38 in the dive bombing role and also never dove screaming down on an enemy plane from high altitude.

ack-ack
*hehe just read Grimm's post and it seems we're talking about the same post we read from the same guy.  Viva Earl!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 12:28:09 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 02:01:54 PM »
Geeze Beet1e:

Do they have reading comprehension courses in the UK?  Lazs made a polite request to other players.  He did not make a demand that HTC change game mechanics to limit other players' options.  Can't you tell the difference?

Hooligan

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 02:48:59 PM »
I believe Lazs' post was made tongue in cheek.

All he is saying, if I may be so bold, is that if you're going to be a suicide dweeb, at least hang around long enough for me to put a few rounds in you and get the kill.

Nothing more than a joke. Lighten up a little, guys.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2003, 03:55:14 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
I believe Lazs' post was made tongue in cheek.

All he is saying, if I may be so bold, is that if you're going to be a suicide dweeb, at least hang around long enough for me to put a few rounds in you and get the kill.

Nothing more than a joke. Lighten up a little, guys.
Muckmaw - you beat me to it! Of course Lazs's post was made tongue in cheek - and mine was too, of course!

Hooli - lighten up! Lazs doen't need you to hold his hand. We just enjoy bending eachother's minds from time to time. :D

They say Humour doesn't travel - hey, even the spelling gets corrupted - LOL.