Author Topic: Aces High General Discussion  (Read 441 times)

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Aces High General Discussion
« on: June 27, 2003, 09:28:06 AM »
sounds kinda like an open forum for topics related to the game Aces High.
 But much like most other things in life- Not as it would appear to be.  Use this forum to talk of things you expect the powers that be want to hear.  Or your topic will just get closed.  Just a lil                       'FYI" gained from personal experience.
Anton

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 09:34:44 AM »
in before the lock :cool:
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 09:39:34 AM »
Well I suppose This may be suspect to lock. But really I just tryin to enlighten some of the new guys to the facts. This is an AH board, freedom of speech does not apply. If your topic is not what HTC wants to hear, it will not be heard. dont waste yer time. It doesnt matter how many agree with you if any. They taught me already, just tryin to share the knowledge. Knowledge is king ya know-
Anton:cool:

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 09:48:32 AM »
I'm not really sure how to proceed at this point.

I mean, this is a WWII sim, so perhaps we should try to keep the discussion about WWII Generals, but how long can we keep that up without bringing up the greater generals of the past.

This is especially true, when we consider the parallels and lessons of world war I when applied to the case of WWII. I mean, it is difficult at best to speak to one, without at least mentioning the other.

And of course it goes beyond that. I mean, if you are to have a discusion about genenrals, you really need to move beyond simply world war II. Look at the iimpact of such leaders as Alexander, or Ceasar. It's mind boggling, and certainly something to consider in our General Discusion.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 09:52:21 AM »
IN before lock!!!

Hiya Anton.  :D

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 10:02:15 AM »
Guess I just cant say anything without being a smartass. But for those who can read through my sarcasm the message is  valid & worthy of note.   Have a nice day:)
Anton

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 10:12:11 AM »
You can post about anything you like in the O Club Forum without much fear of your topic being closed.

Keep within the wide boundaries of decency they allow and you'll have no problems.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 11:24:02 AM »
since all the cool guys did it!

in be fore the lock :D
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2003, 11:35:38 AM »
A Whine Has Been Recorded! :(

In Before the Lock!!!!

:D

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
IN BEFORE THE LOCK!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2003, 12:17:37 PM »
Heeere Skuzzy Skuzzy Skuzzeeeeee.

He's right you know.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2003, 12:21:50 PM »
Well, the sign above the door here does read "Open forum for the general discussion of Aces High." While the O club is there for anything non-AH related. As for "freedom of speech"...it doesn't apply here and never did :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2003, 12:34:59 PM »
Since it was brought up, this bulletin board is a corporate bulletin board run by HTC.  Freedom of speech does not apply.  Never has, and never will.
We expect people to act decent on this board.  We expect a modicum of respect to be shown to all.  We prefer posts about Aces High and/or stories to be told.  As the subtitle of this forum indicates, "Open forum for the general discussion of Aces High."  I cannot locate the part of the phrase that says, "Discussion of individuals of this community are welcome".

Not being able to follow those simple guidelines says a lot about a persons character.

The only reason to "discuss" an individual on this board, in a derogatory manner, is to create friction and discourse.  Neither of which is condusive to fun and good spirits.
The choice is yours on what you wish to post.  But if you cannot accept the responsibility for that post, then maybe you should rethink it.  Just a suggestion.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com