Author Topic: Software and IT guys beware...  (Read 315 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Software and IT guys beware...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 02:51:15 PM »
So I guess if you had unlimited numbers of monkeys sitting in a room banging out code, odds are they would code Aces High 2 eventually?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 02:53:22 PM »
That's what the link says.

MiniD

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 03:01:15 PM »
"Visual Basic 6.0™ was the preferred IDE for the majority of experiment primate subjects."

If VB is the future of computing we are all screwed.  :D

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 03:06:09 PM »
I believe a British lab tested a similar theory with chimpanzees and Shakespeare - that a room ful of primates would eventually compile the complete literary works of William Shakespeare.  The put a laptop into a room of chimpanzees.  What they ended up with was a page of "S"s and something like this:

SSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssWWWWWWW WhaTTTTT LLLLLLliGGGGGht TTTTTTTHhrOUgh YYYYYoNNNDdderR WwwwwiNDoW BRRREAAAAAaKKKKKSSssssssss

BBBBBbbrIIIIIInnnnnGGGGG THHHHHHe SSSSSSSssssssshheRRRRRmaNNNN CAAaLLLLLLiOOOOOOpEeeee TTtttttoACCCCCCeS HiGGGGGGGghhhh

I liked this quote from your story:

Great apes (hominids) do not have tails, while monkeys do. Research indicates that great apes are very productive in the areas of software maintenance and report writing, while most monkeys will struggle. Monkeys however are great at software testing. So the rule of thumb is, if you don’t have a tail, you can probably program.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 03:11:42 PM by gofaster »