Author Topic: Attack Score  (Read 312 times)

Offline MAJ KONIG

• Zinc Member
Attack Score
« on: August 15, 2003, 11:15:57 AM »
How do you get any attack score? I toggled the attack button took off and destroyed some buildings then vulched a couple of planes and isn't being recorded as attack, can anyone tell me whats up with attack?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Attack Score
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 11:47:41 AM »
Did you switch to another plane after you clicked the attack button?  It is plane specific.  If the second plane you chose was set as a fighter you would have flown a fighter mission.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline MAJ KONIG

• Zinc Member
Attack Score
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 02:04:23 PM »
No, I didn't switch in fact I clicked attack then chose the plane then made sure the attack button was still on. So, I at a lost why it doesn't show.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Attack Score
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 05:09:34 PM »
maybe it is just slow to update usually takes a while

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Attack Score
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 11:51:33 PM »
I have posted on this subject in the past. I will bet that you are clicking on the the top row of buttons that selects between all, fighters, bombers, attackers, vehicles. In all but the attack list of planes, the default scoring is for the type of machine you are in. If you choose fighter from the list, it will score as a fighter. A bomber list plane, as a bomber. But if you click the attack list, the default score is for fighter !
You have to remember after you choose an attacker to go to the lower right and click on score as attack, not fighter.

I've complained about the ill- logic of this in the past, but HTC never responds or fixes it.

Offline MAJ KONIG

• Zinc Member
Attack Score
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 01:07:04 AM »
thanks  I'll try it

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Attack Score
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 02:39:02 AM »
Originally posted by MOSQ
I have posted on this subject in the past. I will bet that you are clicking on the the top row of buttons that selects between all, fighters, bombers, attackers, vehicles. In all but the attack list of planes, the default scoring is for the type of machine you are in. If you choose fighter from the list, it will score as a fighter. A bomber list plane, as a bomber. But if you click the attack list, the default score is for fighter !
You have to remember after you choose an attacker to go to the lower right and click on score as attack, not fighter.

I've complained about the ill- logic of this in the past, but HTC never responds or fixes it.

ill-logic? the buttons on top and at the bottom server completely different purposes. The upper ones list only planes that can be scored in certain categories. The lower one actually choose it.
Of course it would come in handy if the score mode would be set according to the list the plane is chosen from, but not neccessrily. e.g. the fastest way to find something flyable when fighter hangars are down is to choose "bomber". But then you might still want to score it as "attack".