Author Topic: Skins  (Read 348 times)

Offline Zipper9

• Zinc Member
Skins
« on: September 14, 2003, 06:13:23 AM »
Just thinking about this thing with customized skins, how do you actually make a skin in this context? Specific software...

Just curious

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
Skins
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 01:37:05 PM »
all that's required is MS paint.. now you'll want paintshop pro or photoshop if you don't want it to look like MS paint :D

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Skins
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 02:57:48 PM »
As of right now, besides a better graphics editor than MS Paint, you also need the terrain editor.  This is because the skins ain't separate files but are bound up in the terrain files.  So you use the terrain editor to export the skin, then you use the graphics program to paint it how you want it, then you use the editor again to import the skin back into a terrain file.  And this means that new skins won't work on existing maps--they only work on maps you make yourself.

The above system looks like it's in for a change in AH2, however.  The ability to use multiple skins online and offline seems to imply that skin files will be separate entities in AH2, so you won't need the editor to get to them.  Also, it looks like new skins will work with existing maps.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Skins
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 01:16:27 AM »
You guys will all be out learning Paint shop pro 7 ... its got to be about the best skin making program there is along with its plug in filters it can do some cool stuff ... i'll try to get a links page for it on my site soon ,and the links to all the tutorials for it .(the MRS Roo writes tuts for this program also )

<-------  for example see avitar totally done in psp7 and its animation shop.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
Skins
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 03:26:10 AM »
Pretty, roscoroo.. i made my own avatar with the JASC anim shop...

Banner wizard

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Skins
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 02:37:32 PM »
Would Fireworks MX do the job?

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Skins
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 03:50:04 PM »
all i want is a pink 262 with flames on the sides. sweet....