Author Topic: Ack shooting chutes.....SUCKS!!  (Read 155 times)

Brethon

Ack shooting chutes.....SUCKS!!
« on: December 01, 1999, 05:22:00 PM »
People keep complaining about how pilots shoot chutes, but nobody says anything about the AI contrioled ack doing that.  Not only would it make ack more effective if it didn't waste time on chutes, but it would also add realism.  I mean how many ack gunners do you think, in WW2, focused on one guy in a chute with a .45, instead of a Pony with 6x .50, and possibly bombs and rockets?

------------------
"Do unto others....and get your head blown off." -Brethon

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 1999, 05:43:00 PM »
I think that if I am not mistaken that the AA shots first at the planes. If the planes are killed or out of range they then divert to the troops. I understand your logic, but these little dudes from the sky are mean! They get all liquored up and run into the map room and show now mercy to the staff, women, children and sheep! And not necessarily in that order!   Field defence is a tough job  but if it weren't for those brave little ack weenies, who else would kill these menaces to peace, love and the our Countries way of life! Maybe there is a better way.. not sure what that would be though.

Thunder

Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

CombatWombat

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 1999, 09:32:00 PM »
So the ack goes for planes, then shoots.  In theory could we bring in a C47, and have several fighters circling over the field distracting the AAA while the troops land safely!?  The fighers will be somewhat safe, as it seems any amount of sustained G will throw the AAA's aim off.

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 1999, 06:51:00 AM »
If you are referring to ack shooting you after you bail from your aircraft, this was done cause some prettythangholes would walk to an airfield, ack would target them, and they would walk to where the planes spawned.  THen ack would tear up the planes as they spawned.  Having ack kill the para/pilot means they get toasted before they reach the spawning area.

------------------
"I could feel the 20MM Cannon impacting behind me so I made myself small behind the pilot armor" Charlie Bond AVG
lkbrown1@tir.com
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Very Opinionated Person.

Offline wabbit

• Copper Member
      • Wabbit's War Room
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 1999, 02:02:00 PM »
I don't see any problem with ack shooting at paras. If my base was being overrun by paras, I'd be shooting ack at them too.  That seems fair.  Ack needs to be supressed before paras can drop.
The actstar trick of popping a c47 on the runway and dropping paras to save one's own base needs to be fixed. That's a problem. However, there is a temporary fix. It worked last night against a idiot that tried the c47 trick and it brought lots of complaints from the other side that felt the c47 trick was OK cause it could be done.  That's cool, the more complaints, the quicker HT will look into the problem and fix it so c47s can't drop troops while on the ground.  Until then attackers can use the other bug-trick to stop them.  :-)
Anytime I see a c47 pulling the ground-drop trick, I will not feel guilty about using the  other bug to stop him, and any of his compatriots.  Like the other side said last night. If its in the game it's OK......
My hat goes off to the un-named hero, who stopped that C47 last night.

P.S. For those of you who don't know how to work the Anti-C47 bug, don't ask me.  You'll have to figure it out yourself.
Wabbit:
             The Official Rolling Thunder Target Drone...