Author Topic: Somebody.... Anybody... PLEASE overhaul Big Isles!  (Read 895 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Somebody.... Anybody... PLEASE overhaul Big Isles!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2003, 02:13:39 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
"You always could do that - on any map ... we all know that ... duh. ;)

The point that GunSlinger was trying to make, is that this style of milk-running VH bases is no longer an option on Fester's map.
Doh!  My mistake. He said cant not can. Oh well, there should have been an apostrophe, ie can't. That explains why I misread it!  :p

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2003, 04:33:54 PM »
Perhaps the big isles map can be compressed into a 4 pixel square and placed in an unused corner of fester's map.  That would be a lovely use for it IMO.

Hooligan

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2003, 02:56:16 AM »
Originally posted by Hooligan
Perhaps the big isles map can be compressed into a 4 pixel square and placed in an unused corner of fester's map.  That would be a lovely use for it IMO.

Hooligan
Yep, and there are plenty of unused corners.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2003, 03:37:26 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Doh!  My mistake. He said cant not can. Oh well, there should have been an apostrophe, ie can't. That explains why I misread it!  :p

HEY...I READ GOOD!....jk...when i type simple things like grammer and spelling usually go out the window!

Perhaps the big isles map can be compressed into a 4 pixel square and placed in an unused corner of fester's map. That would be a lovely use for it IMO.

LMAO...thats funny

bockko thanks for coming to the defense...i thaught boozer jumped off the handle way too quickly

S!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2003, 09:05:33 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
OK ... What does that take ... maybe all of 15 minutes of HTCs time ?

Not my time...or my map. When mine was changed, I called HTC and it was a week before I got the files (and a couple more phone calls :)). I can only speak from my personal experience. When Dale becomes focused on a problem (like the release of AH2 has become), he can become the absent-minded programmer. It's not how I would run HTC if I was in charge. But, if I was in charge....HTC would have been out of business long ago :D.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2003, 08:27:54 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Not my time...or my map. When mine was changed, I called HTC and it was a week before I got the files (and a couple more phone calls :)). I can only speak from my personal experience. When Dale becomes focused on a problem (like the release of AH2 has become), he can become the absent-minded programmer. It's not how I would run HTC if I was in charge. But, if I was in charge....HTC would have been out of business long ago :D.

I appreciate the response NoBaddy and I am not trying to poke you in the eye about this. I just think that Big Isles has a lot of potential and with some tweaking, it could be one of the better maps. It would be a shame for it to gain a reputation that it will not be able to recover from.

Thanks for all your input  ... as usual !!! <>
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."