Author Topic: Bush Approval Lowest Ever  (Read 528 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
the media already at work for the dem 04 shot
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2003, 08:44:26 AM »
I like the poll which says if held today bush would lose to an "un-named" dem

LOL - sure he would
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Bush Approval Lowest Ever
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2003, 08:57:12 AM »
You dems can cheer each other on 'till Hillary goes to bed but it won't change a thing come election day. You may wanna take a hint from the networks, I think they learned their lesson about calling the election early.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2003, 09:08:15 AM »
You guys are settin yourselves up for a major disapointment.

Bush's current poll numbers are actually higher than those of Reagan, his Dad and your hero, Bill Clinton during the same time of their presidency.

In 79, John Glen led Reagan by 13 points. That said alot didn't it?

Might want to contain yourselves a bit....the time is coming when Bush will be compared to only one Democrat hopeful....that is when these numbers you guys enjoy tossing about will actually begin to say something.

I'm going to enjoy watching all of you Bush haters squirm.:)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2003, 10:03:18 AM »
Consider that Nixon had an approval rating in 1971 of only 49% and won in 1972....

I even voted for Nixon in my second grade "election" :)

Charon

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2003, 11:08:29 AM »
Bush blows, pathetic excuse for a president, can't even look at the damn camera when he's speaking to his "American People".  You ask him something not in his speech, he more confused than a VFR pilot in the clouds with an engine failure.  He also wants basically an 87million blank check.  IIRC this is more than the Federal Education Budget.   NO, I want to know how my money is being spent...  Jeez, the man is a freaking republican puppet...  I'm probably going democrat or Mickey Mouse this election.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2003, 11:55:17 AM »
Originally posted by Dingbat
Bush blows, pathetic excuse for a president, can't even look at the damn camera when he's speaking to his "American People".  You ask him something not in his speech, he more confused than a VFR pilot in the clouds with an engine failure.  He also wants basically an 87million blank check.  IIRC this is more than the Federal Education Budget.   NO, I want to know how my money is being spent...  Jeez, the man is a freaking republican puppet...  I'm probably going democrat or Mickey Mouse this election.

This is the sort of talk that many on this BB would consider not only to be un-patriotic but Un-American as well!!! Sheesh what is the world coming to!!

You should be threatening to bomb something or making loud whining sounds about the fact about other nations actually disagreeing with you on matters of foreign policy!!

You obviously are in need of re-education and therefore will be forced to go on a extended road trip or hunting weekend with Ripsnort and Grunherz while they explain how everything is actually wonderful and George W is a great man!!!

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2003, 12:07:37 PM »
He also wants basically an 87million blank check. IIRC this is more than the Federal Education Budget. NO, I want to know how my money is being spent...

It's 87 billion.  And are you under the impression that the 'Federal Education Budget' actually promotes education in any way?

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2003, 12:11:09 PM »
Well, what can I say, oh yea... First Amendment Rights...  I'm as patriotic as the next guy.  My wife is/will be (as soon as her orders come through) Active duty military (i'm unable to serve due to hearing loss and sight but I would in a heartbeat) and I fully support her decision to serve especially when she's not even a citizen.

Ripsnort's comment regarding bush's high approval rating shortly thereafter Sept.11 is no big surprise, we were all angry, and looking to kick some bellybutton and rallying behind the man.  We are in a world of change, I supported him then but now I feel he's doing a pathetic job.  Removing sadam was the right thing.  But IIRC, Spending a few weeks planning for after saddams removal, is not acceptable especially when he spent months on the actual invasion.  His so called plan failed to include the real possibility that the Iraqis would resist in the manner that they are...  I really feel that the american public is not getting the whole story.

Guess I  should don the firefighting gear :cool:

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2003, 12:12:11 PM »
Originally posted by ra
It's 87 billion.  

Thanks for correcting, I was working from memory and have been know to remember wrong...

And are you under the impression that the 'Federal Education Budget' actually promotes education in any way? [/B]

Actually Yes, I do, especially when I see the government educational grants are helping my best friend's son get an education and assisting with the treatment of a medical problem cause by brain damage at hands of an HMO when he was very young...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 12:22:01 PM by Dingbat »