Author Topic: Kadesh on CT  (Read 923 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2003, 11:26:29 AM »
As I told, it is ok to add some strike planes to make planeset more suitable for CT, if it is Tempest let it be Tempest. (It would become mostly perked plane arena 262, Ar234, Tempest, F4U-4 :) ).
The most important that it would stay Jet fighter Combat Theatre.

I hope that it would interest some players
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Squirrel

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mindspring.com/~p38
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2003, 12:31:25 PM »
Originally posted by artik
No I didn't, What do you mean tiles?

Terrain texture bmp files of course :) .  They cover the land and water in AH terrains much like a tile floor (hence the name).  Kanttori asked me to make these back in June for the Kadesh scenario.  I can send them to you as an email attachment (~1.2M) if you like but I will need an email address.
All the best,
Sqrl

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2003, 12:44:56 PM »
artik@101squadron.com

Thank you. I've used the standard tiles. Are this tiles improves terrain visiability. Make it look better? I just have never used them. But the question - all terrain types will stay close to pervious - I meen rocky, grassy rock, grass, farm, water, snow? Because there is a lot of different types of ground - dessert, grass, etc... (Do not think that Israel all dessert ;) )

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2003, 01:46:29 PM »
We have ran some Jet vs Jet set up's in the past in the CT, or rather set up's that featured them everywhear for both sides.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2003, 04:02:52 PM »
No offense, Artik ... but I think you have jet on the brain. Now I'm all for subbing a model here and there to portray a different one. I'm even more for the eventual release of new models (who isn't?). But seeing CT/Scenario setups that have 262s battling 262s time and time again loses it's "novelty" fast.

Now .... don't get me wrong. I see some potential for some fun in jets online ... up to a limit. Ummmm .... AW had Sabres and Migs modeled and it was pretty fun. Anything past that point and I tend to lose interest. Jet combat became less a thing of dogfighting after Korea. (And yes .... I know ... there's plenty of Middle East air conflicts close to and before that timeframe.)

As things are right now in Aces High, I don't think players are going to flock to CT setups and scenarios that feature Israeli and Egyptian Me-262s over the desert. Then again, I could be wrong.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2003, 04:44:41 PM »
damn arlo, I figured you'd be all over this one. After all it has an F4u.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2003, 04:59:46 PM »
You've never been good at figuring, Wotan. VF-17 didn't fight in the Middle East against Me-262s. :rofl

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2003, 05:29:07 PM »
Ah, thats right. Just against a6m2s, right?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2003, 05:40:42 PM »
No, ma'am ... that's your hangup. I promoted late pac setups featuring the entire IJ planeset from day one and you still have a rather bizarre and unusual (read completely baseless) fear over the F4U (any F4U) in that setting. But I've also, since then, learned to accept your propensity for wetting your diaper over such things. Now that we understand each other, pax? :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 05:49:43 PM by Arlo »

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2003, 06:13:01 PM »
Neverthenless we do have Kadesh Scenario with Jets planeset (Meteor / (reskinned 262)). The point is to open jets fights view for some players that not familiar with Meteor/262. That is prepearing for Kadesh Scenario in November

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2003, 06:22:57 PM »
No offense ... good luck. Like I said, I could be wrong. And after all, trying new things is not a bad thing at all. Or even revisiting stuff we've tried before .... especially with a new perspective. I wouldn't mind seeing both some "pre" and post-war stuff modeled (hehe ... SCW would be really cool), but until then, all we really got to work with is the 262 ... and for me, that's just not enough to catch my interest right now. Our interests just diverge on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to stretching things outside of WWII.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2003, 07:25:58 PM »
Man I was Watching CNN and they said H!ll just froz over...and I argee with Arlo hear.

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2003, 08:52:32 PM »
Is it possible to have a arena say for a week or even a couple of days during the week that is separate. Like the test arena that was just used for Festers map.
That way anyone interested or involved in the Kadesh scenario can familiarize themselves with the event and planes.

68Falcon

PS:
 I have to agree with Arlo and Brady that jet vs jet is not what this game is about.
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2003, 09:07:47 PM »
Well they do make the map you will be playing on Jim available in the SEA as much as posable for you all to practice on, another thing you could do is simply to have your players prectice aganst themselfs in the Training areana. How long till the first frame?

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2003, 11:39:37 PM »
How long till the first frame?

First frame in 1th in November