Author Topic: Just a statement:  (Read 605 times)

MrSiD

Just a statement:
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »
I just downloaded the latest version of betabirds and I have to say that it finally starts to look like a game. If this pace keeps up, it will be a damn hard competition for Aces High. The graphics are awesome, although put my 900Mhz/GF1 system on its knees.

Now if they only revise the 2.xx FM they copied for the beta...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Just a statement:
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2001, 03:01:00 PM »

Originally posted by Skybax:
One thing to note about the connections.

The remaining days at MCNC were hell!

Connections were horrible. I mean bad.

But since the move to InFlow, and the re-location of everything, the connections are now beautiful.

Funny how the customer service aspect of that  filtered through to the players requests to iEN and many of us, including me, got replies that it was OUR problem, not theirs....denial is an interesting animal, even in the reflection of a mirror.

MrSiD

Just a statement:
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2001, 04:29:00 PM »
Rip: it WAS your problem. Nobody forced you as their customer  

Offline Gargoyle

• Zinc Member
Just a statement:
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2001, 04:44:00 PM »
Everything Vulcan said.

Also, I would disagree with the poster that said WB gunnery was more challenging/realistic.  I find AH gunnery FAR more of a challenge.  The differences lie in lethality and bullet-radius.  In WB it is very easy to get hits on a plane, put your gunsight anywhere in the general direction of an enemy and you'll get hits.  But you have to land a whole bunch of them to make the kill.  AH on the other hand is very challenging to land the hits (as it should be) but airplanes actually die when bullets and cannon hit them (as it should be), combine this with head bob and gun shake and it makes it quite immersive.  WB artificially strengthening aircraft to make up for too easy gunnery doesn't constitute "challenging" to me.

I was seeing WB 2.77 and AH neck and neck, but with the latest couple of AH revs I definitely prefer staying where I am.

WB3 however is another story...