Author Topic: 10Bears would like to do experimental setup.  (Read 708 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
10Bears would like to do experimental setup.
« on: October 30, 2003, 12:51:06 PM »
All
I‘d like to be  set-up guy for one week.

All complaints about experimental settings could be directed to me personally not to CT Staff. You could go along with that eh?.  

I’d like to be responsible for the following settings:

1) frag areas ;), or ffa areas, the further south and north bases.. zeke on zeke, dhog vs dhog.. ya know.. would be fun.

2) Icons lowest possible settings for both sides.

3)friendly collisions on.. (alright who’s the dweeb that doesn’t read the MOTD, doesn’t know there’s a little take off procedure here so you don’t crash into somebody) heh (this will fix the daisy chainers).

4)Plane set Full Pac. All planes perked. (bombers super perked)

5)Planes scattered all around the islands.. You want a cheapie plane, you might have to fly a ways.. (I’d make you pay for drop tank if it was possible)

6)dweeby land grabbing is encouraged.. What! don’t listen to this Gypsy Barron fella..:) He’s an old timer...;) don’t understand why he wants to limit the game. It’s called Ace’s High.. air combat combined with teamwork... diverting enemy aircraft away from LVT’s, GV’s, capturing bases and so forth.. all in order to deny the enemy’s ability to wage war..

I would like to edit the Slot map this way.

1) move aircraft spawn points onto runway

2)move hq’s totally off the map.. but here’s something I was thinking off.. there’s nothing in the terrain editor help file that says you can’t add an hq for each zone.. that is each island. theocracy you hit the hq.. only radar for that island is affected.

3) add strat targets to each zone. You bomb the troop barracks?  Again.. only troops on that island are affected.

4) add supply.. all kinds of ships,. trucks.. no trains. oh maybe a train up in Bonneville.

5). In towns and villages.. take out the town target.. Now you only have to blow up the buildings by gv spawn point and the field itself. (name a lot of town buildings “troop barracks” heh.. people will want to bomb to towns just for the big time bomber points).

6)tons more manable gun positions and gun batteries.. I like the ones that face the enemy fields ;)..

Concerning strat.. I’m not a real big fan of too much 88 flack.. It’s distracting in furballs.. wouldn’t have that much in Solomon islands anyway. these strat targets wouldn’t be much.. nothing like you see on Europe style maps.. a little bicycle shop type buildings.. a few buildings surrounded by trees.. a small road there. A couple of gun positions.. a manable gun position.
All these strats are connected to the island zone master. This base.. what ever a heavily fortified vh or a/c field, is a must capture.. (if you want all the strat guns on the island to stop shooting at you)

So whadda ya say.

on edit: wind from hell

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 01:00:35 PM »
You been drinkin' sterno again? :D

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 06:43:55 PM »
cool, lets try it

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Re: 10Bears would like to do experimental setup.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 07:00:58 PM »
Comments and Ideas...

Originally posted by 10Bears

1) frag areas
Would this be like areas where close bases have no AAA to hide in and with strat objects? Would it be possible to stick bases in far corners with Air Start. Set these bases far from Start location and at hi alt to discourage porking.

2) Icons lowest possible settings for both sides.
Right makes sneaking up on stuff so much better. Improves the hell out of your SA.

3)friendly collisions on.. (alright who’s the dweeb that doesn’t read the MOTD, doesn’t know there’s a little take off procedure here so you don’t crash into somebody) heh (this will fix the daisy chainers).

Only if we agree that persons using these rules to be seriously irritating catch a nasty reprimand and ban. I can imagine some ticked off MA teenquakedweeb coming in and seriously messing things up this way.

4)Plane set Full Pac. All planes perked. (bombers super perked)

Always said I wanted more planes perked. Ask Skuzzy if we can do something like anyone entering CT has all perks reduced to like 50 each instead of ZERO and then perking all but oldest planes. Don't agree with your probable reasoning for perking Bombers highly (remember even a 5 pt cost makes a formation cost 15 perks). They are not the airborne AAA platforms that you all make them out to be.

5)Planes scattered all around the islands.. You want a cheapie plane, you might have to fly a ways.. (I’d make you pay for drop tank if it was possible)

Fine with me

6)dweeby land grabbing is encouraged..

Alright but no annoying 60 GV sprint sorta things. Pizza map style landgrabbing is seriously irritating.

I would like to edit the Slot map this way.

1) move aircraft spawn points onto runway

right

2)move hq’s totally off the map..

Hey if some bomber pilot wants to zip over to HQ and drop the required ord I say we all have a right to fly over there and blow him away. I'm not really concerned about ppl blasting HQ. If you want to even slightly discourage it put a sm airbase or vbase right near the HQ.

3) add strat targets to each zone. You bomb the troop barracks?  Again.. only troops on that island are affected.

Again if some pilot wants to fly to a strat and blast it I reserve the right to go over there and kill big slow heavy planes. Don't think this is necessary. Also enjoy shooting up heavies, easy kills.

4) add supply.. all kinds of ships,. trucks.. no trains. oh maybe a train up in Bonneville.

Fine

5). In towns and villages..

You need to think about this some more.

6)tons more manable gun positions and gun batteries.. I like the ones that face the enemy fields ;)..

If there are a lot more of them then make certain that they are about hanger type hardness. Hardened SBs would probably be overdone.

Concerning strat..

Pretty neat idea but keep numbers down.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 09:09:32 PM »
The CT Staff is responsable for all set up's regardless of their orgine( Staff or player), and ultimately the Staffer who runs it bears the responsabality for it.

I love ya 10Bears and we all have much to thank you for more realy than we can ever express, but I  must say that I could never run a set up like that for a number of obvious reasion's.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 11:25:38 PM »
Originally posted by brady
I  must say that I could never run a set up like that for a number of obvious reasion's.

what about running it for the number of less obvious reasons?

;)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 02:34:49 PM »
Well, rather than get on here and whine... speculate on why the CT as of late has gotten well, stale.. People talking about how CT is getting like mini MA.. except furball mentality is encouraged, small group of old geezers over there just wanna furball. naw jk.

No it’s not that way, it shouldn’t be that way. Since it’s going to be awhile before AH2 is released,  I suggest Bradys, that you let me take your spot for a week.. I be responsible for the most outrageous, bodacious radical settings in CT history...

I would get on this board everyday and take heat for any complaints.

Threads would start on how exactly would you employ friendly collisions. Call out your spawn point on text (they can’t hear you in tower).. once wheels up call “clr”  While landing call “A9 s. rwy”.. Threads on using streamers.. If a guy your following turns on his streamers, does that mean he’s pilot wounded?.. low on fuel or ammo?..  Okay to be chivalrous you pull off.. If he revs on you... whoa! he needs to be shot down extra dead!

What I think the CT needs is not 50 players at prime time.. It oughta be 200 customers!. If you radicalize the settings enough they will come..  I’d write the MOTD in all caps.. follow proper take off procedure.. careful diving into daisy chains. Proper use of airshow smoke.

Frag areas.. Shoots that’s 20 new players right there!

And when I gentlemanly politely pull in front of Shane to help him kill a bandit.. and he most rudely blasts the crap outta me.. I will  force-ably insist we adjoin to the frag area... In D-hogs if you please..

:0

The improvement on the map above, plus I thought of a bunch of stuff more to add.. more trees bushes for tanks to hide in.. rock walls, farmhouses etc. Because of all the strat close by.. the tanker now has options which way to drive.

Many more vh bases.. with spawn points to strat targets. important to protect.. important to defend. Ground wars rock if you think there’s a chance you’ll get a “safe landing” Somebody mentioned that in a thread a while back.. So I’ll put a “VDEPOT” on all spawn points on the map.. If your out of ammo, damaged but can still drive.. if you can make it back you get safe landing and can keep your killls.. That’d bring more ground pounders into the CT.

Point I'm trying to make is you've gotta come up with something or the CT will get stale.

Some new skins.. aussie and NZ spits and huris ;)..Just to piss ya off ;)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 03:06:50 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
furball mentality is encouraged, small group of old geezers over there just wanna furball.

Yes, yes, all very nice, 10bears, and...

Hey!  Are you talking about me??

- oldman

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 07:51:58 PM »
Ahh, I think to much of you to knowlingly subject you such a toejam fest man, as would arise from many of the setings you propose.

Besides I can condoe subjecting the comunity to it either:)

I have an Idea though... What if you ran it in the SEA as a special event for a day to try it out, this realy is geared more toward their type of thing and since your a CM you can, I beleave get this run (?), you could call it frag fest day, or F-your Boddy Night ( I used to play a pool game called this:) ).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 07:55:45 PM by brady »