Author Topic: AH2 Tank Battles  (Read 1981 times)

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2003, 12:45:05 AM »
Now your in trouble Sarge, Stracop comin over to throw rocks at you. :)
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2003, 01:59:34 AM »
Ohhh...I'm a lumber-jack and I'm ok!

Offline StracCop

• Copper Member
      • http://www.digitaldioramas.com/
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2003, 11:15:54 AM »
Bumbalicious!

;)

my friend!

David

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2003, 02:16:00 PM »
how are thinks coming with AH2 as i am well out of date were this game is

Offline sawman

• Zinc Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2003, 03:25:23 PM »
Well,for one thing,i wz a tree surgeon (therefore the name Sawman:D ) it seems that the tree's in here are modeled after a pine tree (the trunks anyway) and believe me,one ap round would fell a tree but then again, you would have the remaining top of the tree to fall ,sometimes on the tank itself,plus u would have the brush to hide behind after it fell,regardless but if you have a 6foot diamater tree it would take a few more round's to fell it,depends on the size of the tree;)         .Sawman

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2003, 01:13:21 PM »
Cool Sawman.
Off topic but ...tree q.

There's a disease hitting the evergreens around here, it hits spruces, pines, i'm yet to see it on cedars or the larch type trees. It starts with a red patch, much like a 'rust' fungus, but it can kill a whole mature pine in a month or two. No signs of beetles and it seems to spread airborne, since there are patches of trees with it a good klmtr. apart.

I did a search but, I have a few candidates . But I am thinking this is a new one, or one thats been dormant brought on by the heat waves we had the last two years, (excluding this summer).

Do you know of any warnings or interest in this by the forest dept.? You have an idea of some diseases I could look into further?

Thanks in advance.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline sawman

• Zinc Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2003, 03:21:33 PM »
airbumba,there are alot of deseases/fungus's that affect different type's of pine tree's,( there's alot of different spieces of pine's )altho i'm not too familiar with the northern spieces there's two that come to mind,the Fusiform gall rust (an orange colored rust) or the white pine blister rust (if there are berry bushes around) they need eachother to affect the tree's,,it's wierd,and no there's nothing you can do to stop it if there's no beatles involved (is there ANY dust at the bottom of the tree? if so it's beatles) other then to remove them.
             The best advice i can give you is to take a sample to ur nearest university for analysistis:confused: best i can do for ya..   .Sawman
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 03:26:02 PM by sawman »

Offline Raven101

• Zinc Member
hmm
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2003, 08:39:30 PM »
I think that you should be able to shoot a tree down and it falls over, if anything under gets smashed peding on type of tree. And i think a brush fire or something origanating from a fire fight or something like that would be nice!;)

Offline CheeseHead

• Zinc Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2003, 07:16:07 PM »
A buddy of mine has a video of some very disturbed guy demonstrating different firearms/ammo and what they do to certain objects. He even fires a .50 cal handgun into his own chest (mind you he had a load of phone books stuck under his shirt) to prove that the force won't knock you over like it does in the movies...

Anyway, he fired a .50 cal rifle round through some tree limbs at a cardboard target. Most of the shots hit the target sideways from the tumbling effect after touching a branch. I know, the difference between a .50 cal rifle round and a tank round hitting a branch is dramatic, but I still think a tank round would tumble after contact, making a piercing shot almost impossible. So, *IF* AH2 were to add the proper physics for a shot going through trees I would suspect a kill would rarely happen, the round would slam into the target sideways with no penetration.

~CheezHed {Shilellagh}

Offline mos

• Copper Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2003, 09:18:09 PM »
Ok, I've got to see this video.

Not because I don't believe you, but because it sounds cool.

Offline sawman

• Zinc Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2003, 10:59:32 AM »
:eek: wow,,Ive never seen a .50cal handgun, i thought the
       357magnum wz the largest handgun????

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2003, 11:02:27 AM »
Ever heard of the .50 cal Desert Eagle from Isreal?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2003, 08:32:29 PM »
Originally posted by CheeseHead
he fired a .50 cal rifle

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2003, 04:28:29 AM »
He even fires a .50 cal handgun into his own chest to prove that the force won't knock you over like it does in the movies...

Anyway, he fired a .50 cal rifle round through some tree limbs at a cardboard target.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
AH2 Tank Battles
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2003, 03:53:49 PM »
ah, didnt look close at all of it