Author Topic: Poll: Your Favorite Toy...  (Read 4580 times)

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Poll: Your Favorite Toy...
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:
I was toting a Smith and Wesson revolver to 2nd grade. What's the big deal?

lemme guess, it shot Tater rounds?   ;)

Offline Drifter1234

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
The list would not be complete without the mention of a Big-Wheel screaming down a huge hill or Roman candles for indirect fire support during night BB-gun fights.

Good I loved to snipe the little green army men with the trusty daisy.

:D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
Guys...eskimo2, in particular...

See the O'Club thread I started...The Verty-Bird Lives (yea I spelled it wrong there too)- for some reason I couldn't find this thread this morning...not enough coffee I guess.

I just bought the modern version at lunch for my little guy!  It is practically the same thing!!!  It's gona be an "Olde Fashioned Christmas" at my house!!

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2001, 02:55:00 PM »
Well I was only considering legal toys.

Any of you ever melt Hot Wheels down to slag or blow up a water meter?  Those toys were fun.

Most fun toys were my friend's dad's pickup truck and shotguns and rifles when we were about 14.  We used to drive downtown and buy 12 ga. and .22 ammo, then go hunt (sometimes legally) pheasant, quail, doves, jackrabbits, gophers, sea gulls (heheh) on various farms and vineyards.  Funny, it never crossed our minds to go shoot up our schoolmates.  Although we did scare the crap out of a kid on a bike once.  But we got chased by a cop once and shot at by a farmer, so we stopped doing that stuff.  Went on to other toys like legal driving, booze, and boobies.     :)

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2001, 03:17:00 PM »
Wow some cool memories here. I had the vertybird thingie, I seem to recall it had a hook on the bottom and plastic crates you could pick up. other favourites include something similar to the U-fly thing Sirloin mentioned except mine was a Phantom Jet and it did land on an aircraft carrier, complete with hook and string catch wire. That one got heavily modified with added weight and  eventually had one end attached to the bedroom window and the CV up the other end of the garden The trick was to initially dive very steep and pullout just above the ground then pray it didn't brake your fingers if you missed the trap.  :D

Anyone remember "TrickTrack". Battery powered cars directed around the house by placing corners etc in front of them as they ran? No? Didn't thing so - must be getting old.

TTFN
snafu

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2001, 03:17:00 PM »
A hoop with a stick.  :)  If you even know what I'm talking about, you're older than dirt.  If you actually played with one, hell, you might be older than me.  :)

AKcurly

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
Great thread!

Originally posted by eskimo2:
List and describe your favorite pre-teen (elementary school age) toy:

The most fun toy I had, has got the be my Kettler pedal car. It looks like they still make the car, after about 20 years. Cool. Mine had a yellow tube frame, though.

I got it at around 5 years of age. For the first few summers I remember being happy pedalling around the yard, after which the slow speed kinda grew old.  

I yanked the chain and pedals out and made it a down hill car.  Oh the thrill! We raced the car down the rocky slopes we have back home, its quite a miracle that me or any of my friend werent killed or seriously injured, in all the triple somersaults and other aerobatic maneuvers we did with the car.  ;) My trusty Kettler finally broke when my friend drove it into a tree at about 30kmh.  :(

But oh the memories.  :D

On second place has to be Legos.

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
The orange version i beleive called the "Orange peel" was selling at the Atlantic City car show for 1600 bucks!!! That bike brought back memories.
OH, he did say elementary school age, I had that mini-bike at age 9 :)

NUTTZ- was too old when legos came out.

Originally posted by Tah Gut:
5-speed stick-shift stingray, metalic purple with a black banana seat and 4 foot sissy bar. woof woof woof!

The 60's.......muscle cars and muscle bikes     :D

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: NUTTZ ]

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
I had one of those bikes....they were made by Schwinn and called the Apple Crate and Orange Crate...very rare these days :)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
Hey Curly  :)

I used to make mine.

I would use a picket fence rail, cut a tin can(no aluminum back then) and bend it in shape, nail it to the wooden picket and use a metal hoop from a small barrel.

Ran around the neighborhood for hours  :)

I guess I am getting old...thanks alot Curly!

:D

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Rude ]

Offline Makarov1

• Zinc Member
      • http://fox-hunters.com
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
Star Wars Tie Fighter with the wing panels that popped off.
Memories...like the times we use to love....silent pictures...of the way we were...

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2001, 04:14:00 PM »
Playmobile
Technical Lego
Model airplanes
C64 and geek ever since

Broes

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
-Lincoln Logs
-Legos
-Plastic cowboys and soldiers
-Model airplanes (I didnt display my models,  I played with them! They usually didnt last long because of this but I would just make more. lol)
-Toy 6 shooters
-Red Ryder BB gun
-Matchbox cars
-diecast WW2 airplanes, I had lots of them, spitfires, bf-109s, corsairs, stukas, and unlike AH i had P-40s!
-GI Joes
-Transformers
-Wooden sword and shield that my dad made for me, nice and heavy duty, suitable for real fights with my cousins resulting in several injuries!
-Tandy 16 color computer with "Their Finest Hour, Battle of Britain"

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2001, 05:59:00 PM »
Oh my God, the Wheel-o. What a stupid toy. Brings back memories though... I can almost taste the stale candy at Grandma's house again...  :(
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2002, 05:52:25 PM »
Bump, its the toy time of the year again.

eskimo