Author Topic: why that handle  (Read 3819 times)

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
why that handle
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2003, 12:09:18 PM »
TBolt refers to the P-47 Thunderbolt & also the A-10 Thunderbolt; I love each of these monsters.  

(But, in the MA, I'm actually an improving Bf109 driver.)

TBolt

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
why that handle
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2003, 12:22:30 PM »
I dont have a handle...  

Maybe I could be CBTrucker...

::ssss...breaker... this is CBTrucker...ssss... Big 10-4 Good buddy..ssss::  
:rolleyes:

I do have a Pilots "Callsign"..    Grimm     ;)

It goes way back with gaming,  Iv been Grimm online since the mid 80s.   It was just a character name, nothing special but it stuck.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 12:25:35 PM by Grimm »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
why that handle
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2003, 01:22:10 PM »
Slap,  my very first game in High School was the first game my parents had ever attended together.  Slid in front of a slapshot from the point.. was near the top of the left face off circle.. direct hit to cup... my parents heard it up in the stands.  Thank  God I didn't get a name from that game.......would have been named something like:  Crawl,  Blue-Nuts, Gag, or Puke.   Didn't actually puke after I made my way to the bench..... was close though.
Only time in my life I soaked my sack w/ a bag of ice after the game(and after the period).
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
why that handle
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2003, 01:38:39 PM »
Originally posted by STENDEC
Mine comes from the last words of the fated Lancastrian Stardust:

More information can be found here , for anyone interested.

Wow, I never new about that til now. I buy the theory that the radio operator was trying to send "Stardust", but for some reason garbled it to "Stendec", being that they are so similar in code.

BTW, I'm "Slim03", and other variations of "slim" because I'm, well,.....slim. Not as slim as I used to be, but still svelt, if I squint when looking in the mirror.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Re: Re: why that handle
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2003, 01:41:56 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Ahah! I know who you are now!

Larry Tate....DOH!

ROTFLMAO!

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
why that handle
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2003, 01:47:48 PM »
Well, its a big gun and just rolls off the tongue rather well in my opinion.  Or it could be that I'm just compensating for something that may be lacking... :confused:

I've used many handles whilst playing LAN games, but they all seem to be a bit ... well ...  dirty (Donkeypunch, ChiliDog, Cleveland Steamer, TheHitler... you get the idea).  So I decided to clean up my act, fly straight and pick something that doesn't offend so much.

I will have to say though, when the time came for a change, it took me a day or two to think of "Howitzer", but it always amazes me how many people mispell it when they are chatting with me (Most comonly:  Howiser).

Just remember, you asked  :D

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Re: why that handle
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2003, 01:58:37 PM »
Originally posted by tatertot
Just curious why some guys pick there handles? mine comes from a unfortunant nickname ive had since i was 6 (last name somewere in it ) i know some guys use squad lingo in theres but i was curious how some people decide on them all     tatertot

Well, my name seems obvious....

Almost nobody comes up with the idea of using their own name :)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: why that handle
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2003, 02:14:40 PM »
Originally posted by frank3
Well, my name seems obvious....

Almost nobody comes up with the idea of using their own name :)

Well, maybe two other Frank's did :)

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline bigred

• Zinc Member
why that handle
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2003, 02:29:06 PM »
because on a hot texas day..... nothing sooths the spirit like a bottle of my favorite soda....(sweet carbonated redness in a bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
why that handle
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2003, 02:31:21 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Slap,  my very first game in High School was the first game my parents had ever attended together.  Slid in front of a slapshot from the point.. was near the top of the left face off circle.. direct hit to cup... my parents heard it up in the stands.  Thank  God I didn't get a name from that game.......would have been named something like:  Crawl,  Blue-Nuts, Gag, or Puke.   Didn't actually puke after I made my way to the bench..... was close though.
Only time in my life I soaked my sack w/ a bag of ice after the game(and after the period).

ROTFLMAO !!! Been there done that.

Had you slid in front of my slapshot they might have called you Shirley or Squeeky.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: why that handle
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2003, 02:32:48 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Well, maybe two other Frank's did :)

-Sik

... or 3, or maybe 4.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Phantom4

• Copper Member
why that handle
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2003, 02:37:25 PM »
Worked on and rode in F4B's & F4J's for nearly 10 years.  It was commonly known as the F4 Phantom II.  When I first started flying online and joined a squad they hung the call sign Phantom on me for my longtime association with the  F4.  When I started flying AH back in early beta Phantom was already taken so .....

Phantom4

Offline seabat

• Copper Member
why that handle
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2003, 02:58:31 PM »
In rememberance of:

Lt. C. D. Miller, USN
VA-163

Assigned to his first carrier, they told him that there were seabats that lived up in the beams of the hanger deck.

He went and looked for them.

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
why that handle
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2003, 03:19:16 PM »
Stony is my handle in the game and was given to me probably 25 years ago by one of my friends(don't remember which one though). Why? Because in those days I indulged in the "kind" quite a bit. My nickname should have changed in the early 80s because that's when I stopped "indulging". I still go through periods where I "space out", so it's probably had long term affects on me.

:lol

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: why that handle
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2003, 03:19:57 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
... or 3, or maybe 4.

Wouldn't that make him Frank5?

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.