Author Topic: why that handle  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
why that handle
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2003, 03:39:10 PM »
Curval (or more properly President de Curval) was chosen because only a few utterly debaucherous individuals would ever understand it.

"The President de Curval was a pillar of society; almost 60 years of age, and worn by debauchery to a singular degree, he offered the eye not much more than a skeleton.  He was tall, he was dry, thin, and had two lusterless eyes, a livid and unwholesome mouth, a prominent chin, a long nose.  Hairy as a satyr, flat backed, with slack drooping buttocks that rather resembled a pair of dirty rags flapping upon his upper thighs; the skin of those buttocks was, thanks to whipstrokes, so deadened and toughened that you could seize up a handful and knead it without him feeling a thing.  In the centre of it all there was displayed - no need to spread those cheeks - an immense orfice whose enormous diameter, odour, and colour bore a resemblance to the depths of a well-freighted privy than to an prettythanghole; and crowning touch to these allurements, there was numbered among this sodomizing pig's little idiosyncrasies that of always leaving this particular part of himself in such a state of uncleanliness that one was at all times able to observe there was a rim or pad a good two inches thick."

- Marquis de Sade

"The 120 Days of Sodom & Other Writings".
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
why that handle
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2003, 04:04:55 PM »
Played a halfling rogue in everquest for 2 years... hence Urchin.  Plus ******* wouldn't get through the filter.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
why that handle
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2003, 04:15:37 PM »
Mac was taken.  As was Tmac.  Both are real-life nicknames.  Tarmac seemed like the next logical step.

ed: Curval, that still doesn't explain why you would name yourself after such a, erm, colorful person.  You have some deep connection there?  :)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
why that handle
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2003, 04:17:29 PM »
Had you slid in front of my slapshot they might have called you Shirley or Squeeky.

Have you ever heard me on vox?        ;)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
why that handle
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2003, 04:33:07 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Have you ever heard me on vox?        ;)

dlamb?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
why that handle
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2003, 04:37:38 PM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
ed: Curval, that still doesn't explain why you would name yourself after such a, erm, colorful person.  You have some deep connection there?  :)

Nope...a guy lent me the book the day before I joined up on AH.  I needed a handle and couldn't think of anything witty, funny or cool.  So I chose gross and disgusting instead.:)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why that handle
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2003, 04:40:56 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Wouldn't that make him Frank5?

-Sik

Frank
Frank0
Frank1
Frank2

... Frank3
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
why that handle
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2003, 04:41:35 PM »
Frank42... it's twice 26!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
why that handle
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2003, 04:55:12 PM »
Was 'named' by an AW oldtimer named Broken Drum. When I started playing AW in '90, if you didn't pick a 'handle', you had the handle of 'New User'. I played as New User for about a month when BD told me that is was "nobad...but you need a handle". I figured Nobaddy would be good enough (not like anyone would ever try to 'steal' it :D).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
why that handle
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2003, 07:56:15 PM »
i had just installed AirWarrior and was getting ready for my 1st hop ever.  Many of the AOL WidowMakers were up, and i was in a hurry to try this new game all the guys were waggin' and waving their hands over in the smoking section at work (*cough* AOL ) If I recall, my buddy blze (now dmdblaze) had already gotten his name figured out, and I was in the middle of deleting ANOTHER CPID i wanted and was already taken, and finally said fek it, i'll change it later.  lute was left on the screen (combination typo, and aborted delete job) and the rest is history.

Lute was a total accident.

-Lute III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why that handle
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2003, 08:26:40 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Frank
Frank0
Frank1
Frank2

... Frank3

What? no |=  |2 4 |\| |<  ?

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
why that handle
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2003, 09:13:24 PM »
pre-teen jokes aside, fediddlein AW thing wouldnt take JC229 about 10 years ago (THOSE are actually my initials), so i took the first part of my aol addy BJjud--(wifes' initials..YES, she had bad time in high school when they found out her middle name was Jean;)... anyhow, it been my cpid since mid 90's
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/