Author Topic: 1996 Tower Problems  (Read 331 times)

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
1996 Tower Problems
« on: December 13, 2003, 03:14:39 PM »
P4 1.7GHz, 512MB, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, WinME, DX9.0

There are 2 problems with towers.  One is a graphical glitch, the other is more of model problem...

Graphic Glitch:  In the towers of GV fields, the chalkboard showing the status of field strats just has irregulare white smears instead of the words.  At all other types of fields, the chalkboard displays correctly.

Model Problem:  Each type of field has a different tower model.  This causes problems with head positions, both in the default "forward" view and in the other views, as follows:
  • Forward View:  In all towers except the large (3-runway) fields, you can see both the clock and the chalkboard in the default forward view.  But because all towers use the same saved head positions, you can't fix this for the large fields without messing up all the others.
  • Other Views:  I like to save my other views in the tower like I'm out on the balcony, so I can see around the field and above it without the tower structure in the way.  But because each type of tower has a different shape and size of balcony, the head positions saved for 1 tower don't work well on any of the others.

There are probably several ways to solve this problem without reverting to the same tower model for each type of field.  How about making each type of tower a separate "plane" as far as saving head positions goes?  That would enable us to have a set of head positions for each tower type that work perfectly for it, but don't interfere with those for other types of tower?