Author Topic: Night Sux  (Read 2892 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Night Sux
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2004, 04:56:36 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
Mrblack,   are you an idjit?

Night bombing missions....  like I said, the vast majority I spoke to don't enjoy things like night bombing missions.
But clearly a minority do, and maybe that's why it's night for the minority of time in the MA - to give that minority what they want for their $14.95. :) Give and take. Try thinking about someone other than yourself next time nightfall arrives.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Night Sux
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2004, 08:05:07 AM »
Sooo... it's settled then.. we should have nite only during euro prime time.

lazs

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Night Sux
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2004, 08:53:29 AM »
all those in favor of having night ...at night say aye!

AYE!!:aok
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Night Sux
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2004, 08:57:56 AM »
Night Sux. Night on Big Isles is double Suxxage.

Ended our squad nite; there's always America's Army. With all its faults it's still 2000% better than night on BI.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Night Sux
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2004, 10:06:39 AM »
Try thinking about someone other than yourself next time nightfall arrives.

Ummm no.  I log on for for entertainment for myself, no one else.

Beet, try thinking of someone else before shooting the next guy down.  Maybe he would have more fun if you let him kill you.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Night Sux
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2004, 10:11:57 AM »
hehe - this post only went away for 3 months before getting kicked back up....lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Night Sux
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2004, 10:13:35 AM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
hehe - this post only went away for 3 months before getting kicked back up....lol

if the shoe fits ...
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Night Sux
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2004, 10:22:26 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
Ummm no.  I log on for for entertainment for myself, no one else.
Real sig material, Steve. So you're saying you don't give a ***** what anyone else wants, as long as you get you want. To hell with everyone else, right? I might just be able to accommodate your attitude, but for the fact that you're not the only one that pays a monthly $14.95 subscription.

In all the years I've been on these flightsim boards, what you said was by far the most selfish statement I've ever read.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Night Sux
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2004, 10:25:46 AM »
Beet's right, Steve. You should log on and fly for someone else's enjoyment.

So just up in a gooney and fly around all night so other folks can get some easy kills.

I'm sure that once he sees your example, Beet himself will follow his own advice and join you.

;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 10:29:36 AM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Night Sux
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2004, 10:29:57 AM »
Mr. Toad - I've got a dance for you. It's called the Twist.

Offline HUN

• Copper Member
Night Sux
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2004, 11:27:30 AM »
In the last 2 weeks I managed to login 7 times during dusk or at night.  Pain, anger, hurt… :mad:

In the context that there is no “time” measured in the game –why bother to have it?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Night Sux
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2004, 11:58:11 AM »
Go ahead and dance then Beet. It'll just be one more feature of your act.

Offline Adogg

• Copper Member
Reap what you sow...
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2004, 12:16:16 PM »
Fly what you like. Like what you fly. Don't worry about what the other guy flies. It's a game.

Sage advice that applies to the current situation.
:rolleyes:

Fly  when  you like. Like  when you fly... ...'nuff said.

If night doesn't tickle your fancy don't fly after sundown. :D

It doesn't even last long enough to worry about it.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Night Sux
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2004, 12:19:09 PM »
I thought it was HTC's job to try and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.  Nobody is sending me cash, so I'm with Steve in not really giving a crap about the enjoyment of others when it conflicts with my own.  I'll root for stuff I like, they'll do the same, and HTC will decide.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Night Sux
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2004, 01:25:50 PM »
Originally posted by moot
Night is ok, the hours around midnight give more moonlight, instead of those just before dawn and just after dusk.

That would be all well and good, Moot, except that the lighting model is completely screwed up at night. The simple way to prove it is to wait until night, when the moon is fully above the horizon, then fly directly at the moon and notice how brightly the moon illuminates your instrument panel... that is facing away from the moon. At night, everything's lit up on the wrong side.