Author Topic: P-51D skin  (Read 1147 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
P-51D skin
« on: December 26, 2003, 10:19:31 AM »
Hello,

Does anybody know if I can reskin the nose of P-51D,
I want to make it red (the part of prop) like this:

Is it possible?

I just can't find the texture of this part of the plane.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 10:22:26 AM by artik »
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
P-51D skin
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 12:07:19 PM »
yes you can.  let me see if i can find them
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
P-51D skin
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 11:15:31 PM »
Thanks,
So what is the texture of it?

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
P-51D skin
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 01:06:27 PM »
He's going to look a long time for that texture. It doesn't exist.

The P51D is one of the original textures for AH and it isn't like the newer textures. The prop is the same color as part of the top of the control panel dash and part of the uprights of the front window. It's in P51DSID. The red rectangle is it ....

You might want to do the P51B, that is what is shown in the picture you posted anyway. Note the lack of a bubble canopy in your photo. LOL...looking at it, it may not even be a P51. It looks a heck of a lot more like a spit. :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 03:40:39 PM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
P-51D skin
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 03:44:47 PM »
Thanks, I'll repaint it,

Yes at the picture it is IAF Black Spitfire Mk IX (that is flyable up to this day), The red nose and rudder are the markings of 101 Red Squadron, ISRAEL,
So I wanted to reskin not only Spitfire and 109 to 101 squ. but also P-51D too.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
P-51D skin
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 03:54:08 PM »
Yep, the Israeli markings are part of what threw me and a couple of others off. I think this is the same plane in flight...

Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
P-51D skin
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 11:08:41 PM »
Yes exectly - that plane is Black Spitfire that plane that fly untill today the plane of one of IAF commanders - Ezer Weizmann.

Now this plane in IAF Museum

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
P-51D skin
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 11:27:47 PM »
btw anyone know where the american 150 gallon DT's and the american rocket textures are located?
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
P-51D skin
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 06:57:58 PM »
Liked that plane so much, decided to skin one like it for myself. It's not done yet, but here's the start :)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
P-51D skin
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 01:14:07 AM »
Wow it is just great, if you need I can give you some parts of the skin - I have IAF skin of Spitfire, 109g6 (S-199) and also finishing the P-51D, (need to fix red nose a little cocpit become red too LOL)

I'm finishing now work on Israel terrain for CT of 1948 Independence War so I have some skins.

If you need any parts of the plane (like red/white rudder, IAF markings - Blue Star of David in White Circle), I have skinned them.

Can you give me the skin after you finish it? I really would like to have Black Spitfire.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
P-51D skin
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 08:40:44 AM »
Just to make my life easier, I could us the blue star on the white background. You can send it to nhawk@starnetwx.net

The biggest problem I'm having now is what I'll call the lightning bolt. AH doesn't seem to like shaded pixels and the end result is rather jagged. I want to see if I can fix that before I show the end result.

Good luck with your problem on the P51D. I've never been able to narrow down the nose to a point that the cockpit/window uprights don't change to.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
P-51D skin
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 11:06:50 AM »
I was bored, so I decided not to wait...

If you want the skin..send me your email address. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 01:37:47 PM by NHawk »

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
P-51D skin
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 03:08:25 PM »
Thank you, it is just great skin - it looks beautifull!!!!!
:aok :aok :aok :aok :aok
:D

Offline koby

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.simulator.co.il
P-51D skin
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 04:36:04 PM »
Great job NHawk, great spitfire... the best spitfire skin there is...

Koby Brook
101 red Israel sq.

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
P-51D skin
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 10:42:03 PM »
Spit looks beautiful.  Thing I'm wondering is how to skin the P-51d.  Whenever I go to save its texture it doesnt give me an option for the 51d.  Howd you get it??