Author Topic: How to get a high rank  (Read 26613 times)

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
How to get a high rank
« on: December 30, 2003, 03:45:15 PM »
Since we had a 2 hour chat on channel one about rank. Thought I would give tips to all.

1. You must do 1 pt boat rocket attack.  spawn to a port or gv base get near base fire 1 rocket it hits  don't shoot again you get 100% hit rate in gv bomb %.  

2. Use ju87 on strats drop  on biggest cluster of targets. Zig zag out of ack ( ack has harder time if you evade it) Do a hot pad go back repeat this over and over till strat dead.

3. Drive a gv to a strat base ( i use panzer flaks lose turret to fast) use he kill buildings 2 shots or less takes out targets. after HE gone. Use your pintle guns to kill buildings this will increase your gv hit % don't for get to use turret machine gun. if no buildings left shoot rubble of a building hit % still counts.

4. Learn high alt bombing  live live live hitting strats. 30 k bombing is same as 10k its easy.  use 1000's   3 bombs 1 direction then 3 coming back  this will give you a hit % for bomber of over 1000. Now if using bombers to hit nearby strat retund to base land bombers  rearm lead bomber go back hit strat again. this improves your damage per sortie  as rearm doesn't count as a sortie.

5. you must do at least 5 goon s in tod

6 same 5 for m3  secret here taking gv base and your safe use pintle gun to hit fuel increase hit %

7. to be real score ho  kill ack at strat land plane at strat taxi to building shoot entire p47 ot p38 load into a building dead or up. this increases your attack hit % seen Guy hitting his own hangers like this before bug fixed. now it must be enemy target.

8. best way I find to get fast kills is to wait over a fully up strat. someone will be along shortly :)

9. once you get a good k/d in fighter do the rest of your sorties in attack mode.

now keeping your rank  don't try to shoot a gv with plane you hit % goes to crap and flaks will eat you and k/d goes in the drink.
Don't UP A VULCHED BASE. be a vulcher not a vulch.

lastly going for a high rank is not the way to have fun. If your in this for fun then going for rank will make you hate game..............

again if you need to learn to bomb in bomber it takes me 5 mins to make you expert. JUST ask

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 04:40:23 PM »
Hey Rod, good to see you around here again!

Hope you're feeling better

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 04:44:26 PM »
Well you covered that well..

Now if you'd explain how to kill Levi, WT, Frenchy, Drex, Shane, Lazs, Hooligan, Rude, Apache, Sax, Toad in a good 1 on 1 it'd be alot more helpful..

Shooting at hangers is..

I hate to say it..

Kinda stupid for an online game.

But I'd say you got alot of no talent gamers makin copies of "how" to game the game..

I expect the arrival of MetavossIhaveaturmorusedtobea realfighterpilot to add to this great list.

No offense Rod, really, but exactly what are you trying to promote ??

Where are we going here ??

I'm disapointed and wouldn't have expected it.

Live and learn I guess.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 05:00:09 PM »
The best way to rank #1 in fighters is to fly a few fighter sorties, get shot down in all of them, not kill anything, and have around a 2% accuracy.  For some reason, it works.

Offline LWACE

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 05:06:39 PM »
wtf are you talkin bout? seems pretty clear to me, he just made a real good list for people who play for rank, the kinda people that wana have a rank of #1, he already said at the end that if your one of them, game prob wont be near as fun as it could be, i use to try to get a good rank, then i realized i was gettin more pissed at the game and not having fun, now i just up to have fun and fly with friends, dont care if i die.:D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 05:21:27 PM »
I'll tell you "WTF" he is talking about.  There are enough gamey people in the game already.  All we need is a pile of more tards milkrunning strats and shooting at the side of a building.

Some maps are hard enough to find a fight in as it is.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 05:39:14 PM »
Great post!

Nice to see all the gamey tricks out in the open. This is a big part of the game.  Alot of players do this stuff.  But not many talk about it openly tho.

Now I'm not against playing for score.  There are as many definitions of fun as there are players.

However, imo this shows how fubar the scoring system is.  Lord knows I don't understand the formulas used, but I suspect some of the more arcane stats are weighted too high.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 10:24:41 PM by Virage »
JG11

Vater

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 06:07:39 PM »
Originally posted by Virage
Great post!

Nice to see all the gamey tricks out in the open.

Throws up his hands..

What's the use. Tell ya what. Spend your time learning how to fly, how to use your plane, learn how to fight, fight other PEOPLE.

That might take some work. Might not learn it in a month, might not learn it in a year. No matter how hard you try, how long you work at it, you may be never more than average.

I've been workin on being the baddest muther in the valley since 1998 and I'm still just average..

But I'm not shooting hangers for cripes sakes.

I'm not gaming a game for score..

I'm putting my skills on the line against other opponents on a nightly basis and trying to improve. I'm fighting other people. What a concept. Go online and fight other pilots..

I suppose I could learn to spawn camp to give me a better score..

That's an improvement..

Jeez that makes me puke, it ruins the game for what it was originally designed for.

But you GO !!

You have no idea of what this game can be, and don't have the fuggin fortitude to learn.

What a bunch of crap you all buy into.

..and now we'll have a whole new group of players..

without the balls to do the time and learn.

What fun.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 06:27:45 PM by nopoop »
nopoop

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 06:22:06 PM »
The only real key one is the PT Boat.  If you fly the all round game the rest should come naturally without any effort at all.
NEXX

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 06:23:01 PM »
Fly at high alt like a sissy. :D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
How to get a high rank
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 06:24:56 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
I'll tell you "WTF" he is talking about.  There are enough gamey people in the game already.  All we need is a pile of more tards milkrunning strats and shooting at the side of a building.

Some maps are hard enough to find a fight in as it is.

Exactly, we shouldn't encourage the dweebs like Zazen and Metatron/Voss/Mr. Ex-CIA anymore than we have too.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline acetnt-2nd

• Zinc Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 06:25:43 PM »
Originally posted by nopoop
Throws up his hands..

[/soapbox]

Think you missed his point completely. Maybe you didn't read the last 3 lines or maybe you didn't get the sarcasm.

Read the last part of the first post again.....maybe you'll get it this time

Acetnt

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 06:37:28 PM »
My reading comprehension is quite good Ace.

The last three lines make ALL the difference.

What you do Ace is cut the last three lines before you send it to your printer..
nopoop

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 07:33:51 PM »
Thats why we should have no overall rank, it does nothing for the game.  You'll often notice half the top overall ranked are usually gv'ers pt'ers or bombers. I say that cautiously, there are some awesome tank drivers and bombers drivers/pilots  but this is a .... nevermind, just whining cause i refuse to drive a tank, bomber or boat in a flight sim (note: i say bomber only cause i cant fly um :))).

Me a score potato?! Naw, never! :aok :D

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 07:43:26 PM »
I Liked this game better when it was all about the sheep  :D