Author Topic: How to get a high rank  (Read 26611 times)

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 07:48:25 PM »
The Rank means nothing except to those people who MUST have control of the TaskGroup AT ALL COSTS !!!

(You know, the ones who take 'em over from other people without asking... because they can...)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 11:19:39 PM »
Originally posted by nopoop
Now if you'd explain how to kill Levi, WT, Frenchy, Drex, Shane, Lazs, Hooligan, Rude, Apache, Sax, Toad in a good 1 on 1 it'd be alot more helpful..

Just to clear things up, I absolutely don't belong in that group. I look at it and see no one I might be able to best in a 5 out of 7.

I've been playing since about 1989 or 90.. I forget now.. old age........ it was AW DOS on GEnie, I remember that much. I'm competent, maybe even average but that's all.

However, like NoPoop, I'm a firm believer that this is or should be all about air combat.

This bears repeating and careful reading by those who play for easily gamed score.

I'm putting my skills on the line against other opponents on a nightly basis and trying to improve. I'm fighting other people. What a concept. Go online and fight other pilots..

I suppose I could learn to spawn camp to give me a better score..

That's an improvement..

Jeez that makes me puke, it ruins the game for what it was originally designed for.

But you GO !!

You have no idea of what this game can be, and don't have the fuggin fortitude to learn.

What a bunch of crap you all buy into.

[/b]

This guy just provided a clue. The ball is in your court. There's things you can achieve in this game of which you can be proud; he just told yo what they are.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
How to get a high rank
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2003, 11:27:46 PM »
hit sprites.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Re: How to get a high rank
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 11:47:54 PM »
Originally posted by rod367th

taxi to building shoot entire p47 ot p38 load into a building dead or up. this increases your attack hit %

Kewl!  Like, do you know where do I get the health and invisibilty powerups? Do you just fly through them or do you shoot em? :lol

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
How to get a high rank
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2003, 12:01:47 AM »
Jeez that makes me puke, it ruins the game for what it was originally designed for.

Poopster...

I hate to be the one pissin' in your teapot....but, from the getgo, HT intended for AH to be more that an air combat sim. Ask him about submarines or the "1st person shooter" field captures he would like to implement some day.

As for what the thread is about (sri, I was coat-tailing the hijacking :D)....playing for score is silly. Anyone that hasn't figured that out yet has my sympathy. At the "end of the day", if you are playing for score...you're just jerkin' off :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2003, 12:03:50 AM »
Score potatos are score potatos.They would find a way to game the scoreing system.They kinda flock together anyway.Me?I'll take a good old 3 minute nail biter and lose and have MUCH more fun than those dweebs.:lol
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2003, 12:50:58 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Poopster...
At the "end of the day", if you are playing for score...you're just jerkin' off :).

No hijack NB. It just gets to me. You know, I know, lotsa people know what this game can be. Whether it be being GOOD at jabo, GOOD at bombers or GOOD at fighters.

Any of those require doing time and working at it.

Like DrDea said, I would rather have a 3 minute hair on fire nail biter and lose..

That's just me.

It's the wrong message to send out...

How to get a high rank..

If I were new and I was early in my learning curve getting slapped around while I was learning I'D PRINT THE FUGGER OUT.

Ta hell with learnin the craft, I got it right here in black and white how to be good. Was it one rocket or two..

I'll bet ya 12 pack of cheap beer there's a ream of paper copies sitting at computer desks right now as we speak.

Can't WAIT for the next tour as they tape the copy on their moniters..

How many are watching films on reversals and working it ??

Learning is a very rewarding experience. Gaming is meat in the right hand.

To promote gaming the game, is a bad show.

It takes from the game a persons chance for those special "moments" when you lose all track of time, sense of where you are. You become, for those few short tense minutes, literally "in" game.. Toad knows, it's a drug.

Now forgive me, I didn't print it out, was it one rocket..or two ??
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 01:11:02 AM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: How to get a high rank
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2003, 01:10:30 AM »
Originally posted by rod367th

7. to be real score ho  kill ack at strat land plane at strat taxi to building shoot entire p47 ot p38 load into a building dead or up. this increases your attack hit % seen Guy hitting his own hangers like this before bug fixed. now it must be enemy target.

I believe that was taken out a few versions ago after a few people submitted film of Voss sitting in a Jug and shooting at hanger to up his attack hit %.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2003, 01:13:54 AM »
LOL !!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2003, 02:06:49 AM »
lol (umm why does everyone laught when they figure out metatron is voss.  Voss was before my time in AH)
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
How to get a high rank
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2003, 02:19:57 AM »
This looks so.... boring.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
How to get a high rank
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2003, 05:02:49 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
lol (umm why does everyone laught when they figure out metatron is voss.  Voss was before my time in AH)

Do a search of the message boards for Voss and you'll find out why we hold him such disregard.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2003, 07:13:01 AM »
well, milkrunning score goobers may be held in low esteem, but you gotta admit its fun catching them in the act, or even being one of the "caught".   Its one of the best ways to find a decent 1v1 / 2v2.

I dunno, score seems to have some relevance, but the way to get it is a bit skewed (gamey).  I'll never likely have a fighter rank under 1500 or so, and well....same goes for other scores too.  I'll often look to what a guys rank is after he leaves me standing in the tower saying "wtf?"  Usually his rank will be not much better than mine, but he surely cleaned my clock! :)

Oh, and welcome back Rod :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 07:16:26 AM by BlkKnit »

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2003, 07:51:07 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
I'll tell you "WTF" he is talking about.  There are enough gamey people in the game already.  All we need is a pile of more tards milkrunning strats and shooting at the side of a building.

Some maps are hard enough to find a fight in as it is.

True, but think about the decreased number of HOing NIKIs in the skys.  They will be busy shooting at buildings now and then they will have to fly back with no amo :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2003, 07:54:09 AM »
Throws up his hands..
What fun.

I don't think you would want to fly with or against those people anyway.  Let them be busy somewhere else while we are having fun flying plains.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.