Author Topic: Source Material  (Read 167 times)

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
Source Material
« on: September 29, 1999, 11:24:00 AM »
I would like to open a discussion on sources.
Many of the messages I am seeing on BB are related to what any given bird or piece of equipment could "really" do.  Some bug reports have to do with the same.   It we are going to able to give descent input on these areas we should know what standard we are testing to.  That means knowing the source material for the flight performances of the different aircraft.

I persoanlly have Francis Dean's "America's 100,000, and Jane's "Fighting Aircraft of World War II."  I am interested in acquiring more sources.

I would be very much interested in knowing just what sources HiTech Creations has used. If I am going to go get more source material to help me test here I don't want to get material that is not relevant to the flight model being produced for this history based flightsim.

Lastly, for anything claiming any historicity at all a bibliography is considered a good thing.  If one is available and I have just missed it, I'll shut up now and go get it.  Just point me to where it is.

-blk--

Source Material
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 1999, 12:08:00 PM »
  I'd guess that HTC used a ton of test data from various flight tests.  I would wager they got a hold of them (or copies thereof) through NASM, or the National Archives or somesuch.

Not many books that I've seen have the info you'd need to make a flight model.

blk

NNC

Source Material
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 1999, 02:20:00 PM »
(points to oltos)

that there is one "historically correct" guy...if you have questions, he'd be the one to ask.

btw, greetings Oltos....ya researchin fool  

Offline BadMan 4th FG

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fourthfightergroup.com
Source Material
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 1999, 02:47:00 PM »
 http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/NTRS

------------------
Roy "BadMan" McMillion
4th Fighter Group
335th Fighter Squadron "The Chiefs"
Fourth but First!

[This message has been edited by BadMan 4th FG (edited 09-29-1999).]

Offline Quasar

• Zinc Member
Source Material
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 1999, 03:58:00 PM »
If you look in WB's credits, the technical data are supplied by "FCI Associates". But I didn't find any info about it in the web.
[]'s

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
Source Material
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 1999, 08:07:00 PM »
Seems to be one of those questions that only a company guy can answer.  
<GRINN NN NNNN>

Hiya NNC!  Hows it goin BRO!

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
Source Material
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 1999, 08:13:00 PM »
Just spotted Pyro's new topic just for this sort of thing.  I would like to move the discussion there.  I am going to repost my original message under that topic.