Author Topic: HTC: Please Advertise Events In Game!  (Read 1270 times)

Offline SkyGnome

• Copper Member
HTC: Please Advertise Events In Game!
« on: January 07, 2004, 09:07:18 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm sure you know how many (few) people read the message boards.  Please put some in-game advertising for events.

For example:
On the login clipboard, after clicking "Online" the screen with the arena list could have another scroll box below the arena list with the weeks events.  LOTS of empty space that could be filled with info that keeps players interrested and paying.

At least stop events from being frequently cancelled (or lame) due to lack of players when there are 500+ in MA - with at least a few tired of the same ol' furrball.

- SG

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: HTC: Please Advertise Events In Game!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 09:58:13 PM »
Originally posted by SkyGnome
...Please put some in-game advertising for events.

For example:
On the login clipboard, after clicking "Online" the screen with the arena list could have another scroll box below the arena list with the weeks events.  LOTS of empty space that could be filled with info that keeps players interrested and paying... - SG
That's a great idea.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 02:08:03 AM »
Something certainly needs to be done, I agree.  The Snapshot CMs work really hard to design new and interesting events and it is very disheartening for them when very few players turn up.  I have asked Skuzzy about using the MOTD to advertise events again but, realising it's all extra work for him if he has to change it daily, thinking more of a 'weekly' summary or even just a list of days and times events are normally held.

I never particularly liked using a web-page to log into AW, but that was a great way to advertise events - seeing details of what was coming up 'in passing' on the way into the game I think made a huge difference.

Of course, we have just had an extended break in the events which I don't think has helped matters; players get out of the habit if something doesn't happen for a few weeks.  Hopefully numbers will start to increase again over the coming weeks.  Meanwhile - spread the word!  Special Events are fun diversions from the usual MA furballs.....  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 08:08:50 AM »
Actually it would be nice if next-week announcments would be put each week at MOTD at MA.

Same thing you do at BBS you can put at MOTD - I know skuzzy is responcible for this - so he could put your ,Flossy, annoucments.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 11:07:44 AM »
I agree.  The MODT is under-utilitized, IMHO.

MRPLUTO

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 08:59:50 AM »
Ya know.......I've always wondered how many players are exactly like me......a blind clicker.  Oooo, a little grey window has appeared when I logged in.....where's cancel?  Ah there it is, click.

It's an automatic reaction, I can't help it.

Lads, everyone who involved with an event (either CMing or flying in it) can advertise.  Every pilot you speak to in the MA........you could tell all about the events we run.  And when you're about to leave for an event, bring your squaddies with you.........and all their mates........and the squad you duelled with last night.........and their mates as well.  Word of mouth (especially from an enthusiastic mouth) is the best advertising.

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 05:01:12 AM »
Totaly agree gents that to help out to get more numbers is to annonce the great events on a MOTD that hitts you right in the face when enter MA/CT/TA etc.
In this case you will probely see it, beside Swoop :p, just kidding;).

I agree Swoop, but after we know that the events will be annonced on the MOTD, we will look out for this when enter arenas I think;)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 12:18:04 PM »
i agree Swoop :)

Offline EsmeNhaMaire

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 02:49:13 AM »
Punt for Swoop's message. Also, it was only recently that I realised that it is possible to see the MOTD from the clipboard if I've been daft enough to click through an MOTD with information that I really NEED to know...

Actually, I have had some ideas regarding using bits akin to the current MOTD and Map Room but for squad briefings in-game. Where's be the best place to air them?

Esme

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 03:01:06 AM »
You can set a MOTD for your squad but it requires the squad members to open it through the Club button as I recall so it's seldom used.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline EsmeNhaMaire

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2004, 03:17:41 AM »
I know, but that's NOT what I mean, Easy. I have in mind something much more useful... just dont want to spam the wrong forum with it, and I'm unsure where best to air the idea.

Esme

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2004, 05:15:43 AM »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 06:56:22 PM »
Fellas...
Are you aware that the calendar button on the top right section of this page is frequently updated and always shows the slots where events are scheduled... Usually a month or so in advance.

Use this link, add it to your favorites, and make it your homepage and you will ALWAYS know what's on the AH agenda today...