Author Topic: Squelch Request  (Read 408 times)

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Squelch Request
« on: January 10, 2004, 03:38:34 PM »
Am not sure but I thought someone had previously posted a request with regard to a permanent squelch feature - if not here it is - squelch them once and never have bother with them again.

Also could it be slightly more user friendly - say like the score feature - just highlight their name, and hit the button and that it rather than having to type out their name in the command line each time.

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Squelch Request
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 02:45:32 PM »
Dea jous vous----(or how ever its spelled)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Squelch Request
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 10:26:29 PM »
While I want this function even more than I want AH2...yeah right but anyway...HT has said that this is something that will never happen. I personally hate having to type .squelch (xxxx) everytime I get into the game it appears that this will always be the case with the game.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Squelch Request
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 12:28:44 AM »
Originally posted by Reschke
While I want this function even more than I want AH2...yeah right but anyway...HT has said that this is something that will never happen. I personally hate having to type .squelch (xxxx) everytime I get into the game it appears that this will always be the case with the game.

Not hat it Cant.. HTC Just refuses to do it.
I think theres some sick sense of humor at work here. LOL
Think about..... Where else does some continue to Pay Money to be so irritated?
This must be halarious to HTC...we pay $15....
And have so many Gripes.
 :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Squelch Request
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 01:41:27 AM »
I'd love perma-squelch. We could all clean the algae our of our individual commo pools.

Either that, or allow perma-squelch and use it to identify the "bad actors". If JoeSomebodyorOther gets squelched by 2500 players, there's probably good reason.

Well, we can hope. But I don't think he'll do it due to the potential for splitting the community.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Squelch Request
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 05:36:00 AM »
I'd love to be able to squelch or disable range even more.

I DO NOT understand the mentality that will filter such an innocuos word such as "p.u.s.s.y" from written communication both here and in-game; while ensuring the foulest verbal insults blast accross my living room with Wife annoying frequency.

What's with that, HTC???

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
Squelch Request
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 06:32:39 AM »
would also like a permanent squelch feature.

a permanent setting to "enable friendly lock" and AH2 saving however one has the gun zoom magnification set also would be helpful
psob2, psob3, now BTPsob2

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Squelch Request
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 07:57:06 AM »
Originally posted by psob2

a permanent setting to "enable friendly lock" and AH2 saving however one has the gun zoom magnification set also would be helpful

LOL .... come again? :lol

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
Squelch Request
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2004, 09:13:21 AM »
the things i mentioned after perma squelch where about the check 6 call and the zoom view.

maybe it's me, i'm still learning the ins and outs of AH.

it has to do with how i work the check 6 call. each time i log on to AH i hit the ctr and tab keys at same time. then i see a system message that says "friendly lock enabled". then after i take off, if i see a teammate in trouble, i can hit the tab key to get a rectangle around their icon, hit ' then hit enter so they get the check 6 call. if there is an easier way to use the check 6 call i'd be glad to learn it.

when using the z key to get the close gunsight view i usually then hit the ] key to magnify. AH doesn't seem to save from login to login that magnified view even after hitting f10 to save it. though it does save it within the session.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 09:23:38 AM by psob2 »
psob2, psob3, now BTPsob2