Author Topic: View Idea  (Read 907 times)

Offline MarkVZ

• Copper Member
View Idea
« on: April 28, 2000, 08:35:00 PM »
This idea has crossed my mind several times but I've finally gotten around to posting it.  Fighters are limited to inside view only when online, but I was thinking that we could make an exception to this.  When you are within a certain range of a friendly aircraft (maybe 1k yards or so) you should get the opportunity to use ouside views that bombers and C47s get, to simulate the fact that your "wingman" can look you over, but without the trouble of having to type to him.  This would encourage formation flight and teamwork because pilots would be motivated by the exterior view to wing up with someone, and make winging up more effective because they are more aware of their surroundings.  If the friendly moves out of this range, it automatically kicks you back into the view mode you were in before you went external.

I think it could produce some cool screenshots, too  

If this idea is full of holes, lemme know and  I'll get rid of it.  Ahhh it feels good to get that off my head  

------------------
Mark VanZwoll
33rd Strike Group

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
View Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2000, 03:41:00 AM »
for nice screenshots :

- Use the "FILM" option to make a film.
- Play the film and use the F4 button and then the zoom buttons and the hat switch to get good angles and magnifycations.
<----ASSASSINS---->