Author Topic: Favorite parts of the State of the Union  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Favorite parts of the State of the Union
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2004, 10:01:10 AM »
defend ourselves from what? The vast piles of sand in iraq that might get blown over the east coast if the winds picked up enough?
You cannot justify the invasion and occupation of iraq by saying it was self defence. Hell thats the same excuse germany used with poland.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2004, 10:10:50 AM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
I'm just about to negotiate the supply of consumer health products with a company in NJ, value to them - about 1.8 million dollars per annum. If I hated USA why would I bother?

I disagree with the current administration and I feel that the liberties which America has stood for in the past have been seriously eroded.

I think some of the posters on this BBS are in terms politics in the country that I live in - little more than neo fascists.

I'm not that bothered by the fact, it's heartening to see how many American's are not right wing, religious fanatic bigots who glorify killing and death - as long as it's someone else's of course.

There's a difference between disagreeing with a political class and a country's current administration and hating that country - and yes if it's not clear I do think you're a narrow minded moron.

So you write a pretty extensive post expressing your ignorant prejudiced hatred and intolerance for several broad groups of americans and you finish the post by calling other people nrrow minded morons?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2004, 10:12:34 AM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
You cannot justify the invasion and occupation of iraq by saying it was self defence. Hell thats the same excuse germany used with poland.

You guiys always get back to the bush = hitler argument, hasn't Dean's mental breakdown taught you anything yet?

Yeaaaarrrrhhhh!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2004, 10:16:26 AM »
He said "nuc-you-ler" again.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2004, 10:20:15 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
You guiys always get back to the bush = hitler argument, hasn't Dean's mental breakdown taught you anything yet?

Yeaaaarrrrhhhh!

If you look at history almost every invading country used the self defence excuse. That was the easyist to point out.

dean is an idot, go kerry or clark.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2004, 11:23:57 AM »
"Favorite part of the State of the Union"

When it ended.

I honestly cannot stand sitting through his horrible sound-byte speaches all done to the beat of a Texas "two-step."   It's right up there alongside the old fingernails on a chalk board  with the involuntary chill up the spine effect and all.

No matter what the cost woud have been they should have at least considered hiring PM Blairs speach writing team - or Blair himself to be quite blunt - to write and give the SoTU address.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2004, 11:25:51 AM »
Westy,

Why Blair? Granted it would have been a better speech. But why him?
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2004, 11:28:14 AM »
This is so weird.

The cons liked the speech and the libs didn't.  I would never have guessed this would occur.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2004, 11:30:19 AM »
I didn't say I liked it, I didn't say I didn't. Parts were good, parts were bad, but mostly it was just bland. What was sad was how both parties only managed to prove yet again there weren't many significant differences between them domestically.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2004, 11:47:05 AM »
Why Blair?  Because IMO Blair comes across as highly intellegent He delivers an actual speech.  Blair expresses his passion and beliefs much better than Bush (like night and day) and I find that while I may not agree with what it is Blairs is saying I'm able to respect him.

And unlike Bush, Blair doesn't stop for a quick self admiring smirk or condesceding partisan applause at the end of every other sound byte.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2004, 11:48:25 AM »
Originally posted by Westy
Why Blair?  Because IMO Blair comes across as highly intellegent He delivers an actual speech.  Blair expresses his passion and beliefs much better than Bush (like night and day) and I find that while I may not agree with what it is Blairs is saying I'm able to respect him.

And unlike Bush, Blair doesn't stop for a quick self admiring smirk or condesceding partisan applause at the end of every other sound byte.

Same thoughts here... Was just wondering dude.. thanks 8)
- TWBYDHAS

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2004, 01:17:17 PM »
Better justifying the sucessful removal of a hated murderous dictator than the attempted and failed removal of a stain....
lmfao..

i didnt even read the guys naem who posted this..i stopped reading this crap after that..

lmfao...you wackolibs...always make the rest laff

BOosch is Satan

:rofl

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2004, 01:21:20 PM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
Better justifying the sucessful removal of a hated murderous dictator than the attempted and failed removal of a stain....
lmfao..

i didnt even read the guys naem who posted this..i stopped reading this crap after that..

BOosch is Satan

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Either you still have not looked who posted it or you are trying to be kind to it's poster...   Either way, the poster will probably take offense to being called a wackolib...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2004, 01:23:46 PM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
lmfao..

BOosch is Satan

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Reading new to ya Big?

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2004, 01:27:39 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
EVERY goverment has "a hated murderous dictator"?????????:rolleyes:

dictator? allways you can show somone as dictator, mass murder

quote from movie about NKWD "show me the men, and i will find law to punish him"

Look, G.W.Bush is responcibly for killing 15.000 iraqui cywilians who died from bombs of RAF, USAF, USN, USMC.

Is that make him mass murder? at scale of Saddam who kill Kurds?

If somone like, can say. This are criminalistic parmilitary organisations who killing innocent civilians. ;-)
is int?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 01:35:14 PM by ramzey »