Author Topic: The lowest form of the game  (Read 18895 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
The lowest form of the game
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2004, 06:06:46 PM »
What dweebs!!!

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2004, 06:13:07 PM »
I posted an inquiry in our squad BB.

Just waiting to hear what the deal is.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2004, 06:17:44 PM »
Deal. heheh I feel for ya nomak... take a look at the stats... kind of damning.

Kronik(formerly known as morpheus) vs nitro

wax vs yucca

wax vs nitro

etc
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Monty405

• Copper Member
      • http://www3.sympatico.ca/carol.haynes/
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2004, 06:21:19 PM »
why use bostons as the vulchee though?

seems a plane with low eny like a n1k would make a better candidate for upping points ect.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2004, 06:26:11 PM »
I guess because you can up them 3 at a time?

Offline SoulzofAW3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2004, 06:28:45 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
I guess because you can up them 3 at a time?

Yep...not hard to get 15 kills when you get a 3 for 1 deal

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2004, 06:29:10 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak

Just waiting to hear what the deal is.

I kill you, you kill me, we are 133T!!!111 no one will ever know!!!

i suspect...
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2004, 06:37:31 PM »
Will the owner of the red 66 Rambler please return to your vehicle..el..el...el

It's been has been mistakenly identified as a car..ar..ar..ar..

And it's motor is running...ng..ng..

Be advised if you have friends attending that haven't arrived yet that East 13th street is closed due to accident involving a bomber pilot and a furballer.. There HAVE been arrests..

Alternate route is Mayberry..

Burgers are UP !!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2004, 06:41:18 PM »
A couple things to think about here.

Yucca and Wax only recently joined the squad.  

Morph has been beeetching to me for like 6 weeks that he doesnt like his cpid and wanted a new one.  He even posted on our squad BB asking me to come up with a new one for him.

We are not a country loyal squad.  We have been kinda bouncing around latley.  We recently decided to rotate countrys every tour.  So in the past couple weeks its entirly possible that squad members shot each other down.

The Nitro stats are the thing that bother me the most.

I dunno fellas....... looks bad I know.  Im not going to judge my fellas till I have talked to them though.  I owe them that much.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 06:43:42 PM by Nomak »

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2004, 06:49:59 PM »
How lame.. and players that don't cheat still have better stats.  If your going to do something.. do it right.. ;)

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2004, 06:54:13 PM »
>>I've even heard of guys who have multiple accounts and go to a remote corner of the arena (eg. next to HQ on Fester's map) and up a plane using one account, and shoot that plane down using the other account. Over and over and over - just to make progress in the ranks/scores. <<

These people need to be on the Dr. Phil show :)
But its also a great demonstration of how useless raw stats are if not taken in context and used as a tool. Obviously such a stunt is distorting the stats in a big way. But there are less obvious ways to distort stats to a lesser degree. I guess the most objective stats would come from people who never look at the stats ( i.e., oblivious to the observation - theres a name for the distortion the knowledge of being observed causes in psychological studies).

If somebody wants to pay $15 (or likely $30) a month to shoot his own planes in the hopes to impress someone, well what could you tell him that would make a difference? I think its a little sad, really. It would be a pretty meager existence I think.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2004, 06:55:57 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
[B
These people need to be on the Dr. Phil show :)
But its also a great demonstration of how useless raw stats are if not taken in context and used as a tool. Obviously such a stunt is distorting the stats in a big way. But there are less obvious ways to distort stats to a lesser degree. I guess the most objective stats would come from people who never look at the stats ( i.e., oblivious to the observation - theres a name for the destortion the knowledge of being observed causes in psychological studies).

If somebody wants to pay $15 (or likely $30) a month to shoot his own planes in the hopes to impress someone, well what could you tell him that would make a difference? I think its a little sad, really. It would be a pretty meager existence I think. [/B]

Bingo.

Couldnt agree more

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2004, 07:09:05 PM »
We are not a country loyal squad. We have been kinda bouncing around latley. We recently decided to rotate countrys every tour. So in the past couple weeks its entirly possible that squad members shot each other down.

Kronik has 25 kills in just over one hour of fighter time.  19 of these were against his little brother Nitro. 16 of those kills were bombers.  How long has Kronik had his new name?  Yesterday?  today? Kronik landed  a  F4U-1C mission for 9 kills today.  Kronik has a total of 9 kills in an F4U-1C. Kronik has killed Nitro 9 times in a F4U-1C. That can only mean that Kronik killed Nitro the 9 times(at least) today. Did you guys rotate countries yesterday?  today?

Wax was vulching Yucca....today.

When did you guys rotate?

Nomak, it is admirable that you would want to give your squadies the benefit of the doubt until the matter is resolved.  Unfortunately, there is no doubt at to what was happening.

It's their money.. but as far as the game goes, it's their credibility, or more correctly, lack thereof, as well.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2004, 07:23:04 PM »
Well I'm done having fun because Nomak is really not having fun at this moment.

Standup guy there Nomak.

A to ya.

Wouldn't want to be ya.

The gamey stuff makes no difference to me, I was being silly.

I won't be silly at your expense.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2004, 07:24:07 PM »
Well.. we were playin as knights last night.. early this morning i logged on to hear wax had a field covered and i noticed he was a rook.  So i upped an la7 to shoot him down and he got me right after i lifted up.  Theeeeen i told him i'd get him yet, and i upped some bostons.  He was workin really hard for the vultches so i was tryin to see how long till he augered his 190.  After li lost like 3 flocks of bostons i gave up.
     As for the Nitro thing, i dont know anything about him, although if you notice i haven't got a single kill on a squaddy, if you have any doubts check my stats ( they sure aren't good enough to have multiple accounts.)