Author Topic: 3 Years in Jail  (Read 2039 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2004, 08:23:59 AM »
Killing someone with a deadly trap should be a felony.   I know that firearms laws vary from state to state but I would be interested in knowing what state if any has a felony penalty for brandishing a weapon on your own property.   I would like to know what state asks for a 9 year sentance for brandishing on your own property or for a misdomeanor.

And you guys want to let women vote?

lazs

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2004, 08:25:43 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Killing someone with a deadly trap should be a felony.   I know that firearms laws vary from state to state but I would be interested in knowing what state if any has a felony penalty for brandishing a weapon on your own property.   I would like to know what state asks for a 9 year sentance for brandishing on your own property or for a misdomeanor.

And you guys want to let women vote?

lazs

Lazs, you remember the Kansas case?  I don't believe the guy was criminally charged.  He lost a large civil suit though.

curly

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2004, 08:35:58 AM »
Heard about it but don't recal the details..  the guy was wrong no doubt.   I suppose it should be manslaughter.

lazs

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2004, 09:45:24 AM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
In Kansas, remember the farmer whose house was continually being vandalized?  The house was vacant, so he rigged a gun to shoot through the door if anyone opened it.  I don't remember if the gun killed or just injured the vandal, but the farmer lost his farm in the resulting lawsuit.

Sounds stupid, could been as well the cops coming through the door or someone else with the authority to do so...

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2004, 10:41:42 AM »
The trip-wire gun cases are discussed in every law school.  They are illegal.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2004, 11:37:15 AM »
Is there any difference if you have a rifle or a handgun?  I mean would it have been legal for him to walk out with a rifle?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2004, 12:36:44 PM »
Just a point here. I would think that not all rounds launched into the air are in fact going straight up then down. Quite a few would likely be launched at a much lower angle and wold contain considerably more energy on impact that one that went straight up. A high arc round could still be traveling at higher velocity than a vertical shot.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown