Author Topic: WTC #7's collapse  (Read 4437 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2004, 04:50:23 PM »
Originally posted by kappa
I first watched the video today.. Although it connected a few more dots for me, it was not what sent me down the road I find myself on...

Who looks more stupid, me with my reasonings or you just arguing with nothing??

Ummmmm, you just watched the video in the link today? So you based your whole thread on link with a video that you only just viewed today?

Tell us what "dots" the video conneceted for you.

And how many times did you say you where leaving this thread again?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 04:54:49 PM by NUKE »

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2004, 04:56:08 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Ummmmm, you just watched the video in link the today? So you based your whole thread on link with a video that you only just viewed today?

Tell us what "dots" the video conneceted for you.

And how many times did you say you where leaving this thread again?

lol Nuke.. what a retard.. First time I said i was leaving till I saw something of merit.. My something of merit was kieran saying i stuck my tail between my legs and ran.. that merit enough for my return..

Second and last time I said it, I did leave.. I left work and now im home..

Nuke, I based my opinon on many articals, pictures, notes, personal testimonies i've read, and a large amount of thought.. But probably one of the biggest reasons was watching the video of the actual building #7 falling.. The individual that made that individual site would not be enough for me...

Each post you make has become more and more worthless.. Consider yourself a winner and leave my thread please...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2004, 04:58:44 PM »
Second and last time I said it, I did leave.. I left work and now im home..

so each time you said you you were leaving the thread, it was a lie.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2004, 05:01:01 PM »
so each time you said you you were leaving the thread, it was a lie.

omg dude.. I cant believe you reply with watermelon like this.. lmao  what a freakin loser statement~!!
- TWBYDHAS

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2004, 05:04:25 PM »
omg dude.. I cant believe you reply with watermelon like this.. lmao  what a freakin loser statement~!!

coming from a conspiracy theory believer who lies, I take that as a compliment

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2004, 05:09:49 PM »
coming from a conspiracy theory believer who lies, I take that as a compliment

OMG OMG!!! dude!! lmao that makes my day to see you break down like this.. To bring it to this from your high and mighty I'll disprove you in an instant stance... Dude this is sad.. hehe I feel sorry for you now.. so, im sorry.. You win.. you are victorious!! clearly im a conspiracy theroy believer and I lie!! omg THE HORROR!!! THE HOrror!! the horror!! the horror
- TWBYDHAS

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2004, 05:12:16 PM »
OMG OMG!!! dude!! lmao that makes my day to see you break down like this.. To bring it to this from your high and mighty I'll disprove you in an instant stance... Dude this is sad.. hehe I feel sorry for you now.. so, im sorry.. You win.. you are victorious!! clearly im a conspiracy theroy believer and I lie!! omg THE HORROR!!! THE HOrror!! the horror!! the horror

LOL, you are freaking out like Howard Dean after he lost the Iowa caucus.

Yearrrahhh!

Care to actually make a point?

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2004, 10:44:22 AM »
salute kappa, I got one going to :).  They are some rotten Bass turds eh?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2004, 10:45:52 AM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
salute kappa, I got one going to :).  They are some rotten Bass turds eh?

kappa won't answer you.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2004, 10:46:49 AM »
Originally posted by Martlet
kappa won't answer you.

he will if he logs outs and back in as kappa. :D

Ah, now it makes sense. Kappa banned. Whitehawk talking to kappa, who is whitehawk, who both believe in this Building 7  conspiracy... ah fegetaboutit.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2004, 10:53:42 AM »
LOL, we  ( the rational) are still here to tuck you into bed at night.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2004, 11:33:09 AM »
I earned a degree in fire science in Honolulu Hawaii well before 9/11.  Honolulu has its fair share of high rises, so we studied all kinds of fires including tall structures.  The program included a building construction class, of which the primary focus was learning to recognize when a structure was at risk of collapse.  If there is one thing that I recall about my studies of building construction and collapse, it is that buildings of all types and sizes can and will collapse from structural damage caused by fire.  Its not a matter of can a tall building collapse from fire, its when it will collapse and can the fire be put out before it get close to that point.  Direct fire impingement on steel structural members can cause collapse in as little time as 15 minutes.  Structural steel is coated with fire protective foam to help prevent the steel from reaching temperatures where it can become soft in a fire.  This foam, however, can deteriorate or break off over time or burn away in a fire.  It would be insane to build skyscrapers the way we do today without fire sprinkler systems, without them skyscraper collapse would not be all that uncommon (except that we probably wouldn’t build them anymore in the first place).  Fire officers are trained to recognize and predict building collapse; it is usually the biggest concern at any structure fire.  The fire officers at the WTC should have pulled their crews long before the towers fell; the towers lasted longer than should have been expected.  Building seven was in serious threat of collapse; the integrity of the foam insulation and sprinkler systems had to be considered.  Building seven had also withstood the force of debris from the two massive towers collapsing near it.  The New York Fire Department had just had the greatest reminder in our history of how costly building collapse can be.  They didn’t want to, and didn’t need to, risk any more lives unnecessarily.  

Quite often, clearing out and letting a building fall is by far the safest thing to do.

After reading portions of this thread I did a search and found a few articles that make similar claims; that something fishy happened with building seven.  I also found that many New York Firefighters and other “experts’ were surprised that the twin towers collapsed from fire and suspect otherwise.  I’m baffled that their studies differed so much from mine.  Just because no major skyscraper had collapsed from fire, does not mean that it is not very possible.  Countless smaller steel buildings have collapsed from fire.  Several tests have been conducted that show that steel beams can give way in as little as 15 minutes of direct fire impingement.  When I turned on the TV on 9/11 and saw towers burning, I expected them to fall.  They actually lasted a bit longer than I expected.  Once again, I was trained to expect severely burned buildings to fall.

I read the FEMA report on building seven and find it to be a reasonable account.  
The articles that contradicted the FEMA report contain many ideas that are borderline silly.

eskimo

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2004, 12:04:05 PM »
I tell ya..I've lost alot of respect for some of you guys...regular politics aside (because few agree on politics)....I can't believe all the rabble rousers on here that conjur up all the conspiracy theories...even worse that you believe them...I know that my opinion won't matter to you, But whats wrong with you people? People that invent these so called "theories" are just full of hate for one reason or another..We were attacked by an OUTSIDE force...You can say it all has to do with oil...but really did we have a problem getting the oil we are so dependent on before all this? It makes me sick to think that you feel so poorly about our country and the people that are running it...I tell ya what..you don'y like it..go somewhere else..No one is forceing you to be an American..Maybe at least if you go somewhere else you won't have the FREEDOM to perpetuate and promote  this kinda BS.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2004, 12:10:40 PM »
Originally posted by Coolridr
I tell ya..I've lost alot of respect for some of you guys...regular politics aside (because few agree on politics)....I can't believe all the rabble rousers on here that conjur up all the conspiracy theories...even worse that you believe them...I know that my opinion won't matter to you, But whats wrong with you people? People that invent these so called "theories" are just full of hate for one reason or another..We were attacked by an OUTSIDE force...You can say it all has to do with oil...but really did we have a problem getting the oil we are so dependent on before all this? It makes me sick to think that you feel so poorly about our country and the people that are running it...I tell ya what..you don'y like it..go somewhere else..No one is forceing you to be an American..Maybe at least if you go somewhere else you won't have the FREEDOM to perpetuate and promote  this kinda BS.

Thats why you have to call them lunatics. And trust me thats the best way to deal with these people.  You get a load off your shoulders by insulting therir stupidity and bizzare behavior.  They get the attention they need and the feeling of being rejected and scorned for sharing this special info. That the best part, they want people to attack them and ridicuklr them. That way they feel special and they feel like the little guy fighting against this huge enemy trying to supress the truth.  Thats the whole point of conspiracy theories...  Yep, 34 year old Mr. Conspiracry McNut living in his mothers basement is just gonna show the world how wrong it is...

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
WTC #7's collapse
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2004, 01:37:27 PM »
Originally posted by kappa on page 2
How so?? Because the I-beams were so large that american industry could not produce them?? We had to import them.. What was unique about them??

Nothing was unique about WTC #7...

The twins were unique because the entire load of the building was carried by the outer walls.  Standard construction has a network of verticle beams that carry the load across the interior and exterior of the building footprint, with a grid of horizontal beams, that tie them together.

In the case of the twins, the exterior framework remained straight because the bar joist for each floor tied them to the opposing wall.  Bar joist are not all that heavy a guage of steel, and they will soften and sag under extreme heat in less time than a heavy I beam.  The bar joist sagged until they pulled the welded brackets that they rest on from the exterior wall I beams.  The impact of that failed floor on the floor below caused a domino effect.  After enough of these floor joist failures, the exterior beams buckeled due to the lack of horizontal support from the bar joist.

Structures rely on systems.  Plywood does not carry the load of a house but it does provide diagonal and horizontal support to the framing it is fastened too.  Remove the plywood, and the structure is severely weakened.

A fire in any seel structure can weaken a key part of the system.  There was one thing I do know of that was unique about building #7 on 9/11.  Typically a structure fire has top priority, and is given full resources of local gov't to contain.  Can anyone really say that fire in building 7 was at the top of the list of problems for NYC PD, FD, PA?  I believe the reason why it collapsed while similar buildings havent before, is because the resourses brought to bare in 'similar buildings' were not availible in NYC on 9/11.  Damage from 1&2 collapse probably didnt help matters either.