Author Topic: And the fun begins.......  (Read 3430 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
And the fun begins.......
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2004, 01:02:45 PM »
He looks like Alan Thicke in that picture...

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2004, 01:16:05 PM »
hehehe irony. Olie North says someone has blood of americans on their hands.... ain't that a riot :)

what next ? Enron CEO lecturing on business ethics ?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2004, 01:22:44 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Did he kill women and children as accussed by The Nixon Administration? YES.

While in command of Swift Boat 44, Kerry and crew operated without prudence in a Free Fire Zone, firing at targets of opportunity racking up a number of enemy kills and some civilians-- a woman, her baby, a 12 year-old boy, an elderly man and several South Vietnamese soldiers.
"It is one of those terrible things, and I'll never forget, ever, the sight of that child," Kerry later said about the dead baby. "But there was nothing that anybody could have done about it. It was the only instance of that happening.
"Kerry said he was appalled that the Navy's ''free fire zone'' policy in Vietnam put civilians at such high risk.

Once again, you are spouting MISINFORMATION. I won't call it a lie because you have not researched the incident and are merely following right wing propoganda you have swallowed. If you read the Atlantic Monthly article the section entitled "The Bounty Hunters" you will see it was not Kerry or his crew that fired on the sampan but a CIA sponsored PRU. What was a PRU? It was defectors form North Vietnam that were paid a bounty for EVERY KILL.

The National Guard's role has changed DRASTICLY from what it was in the Vietnam Era. It is no longer a haven for those trying to escape combat.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 01:27:09 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2004, 01:23:21 PM »
LOL this guy will be torn to shreads if he gets to run against GWB.

Wasnt he senior aide to Dukakis too or something like that?
hahahahaha

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2004, 01:24:32 PM »
Nice quote from "Hanoi John", most Americans are going to view this Idea as wonderful....LOL

Quote:
He supports a volunteer Army, "if and only if we can create the controls for it. You're going to have to prepare for the possibility of a national emergency, however." Kerry said that the United Nations should have control over most of our foreign military operations. "I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."

Holy Chit..... General Kofee Anan.........
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 03:51:25 PM by weaselsan »

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2004, 01:27:37 PM »
So Gunslinger, Weaselsan, et al--so you military guys have no respect for a Silver Star of a Bronze Star w/ Combat V?

I mean, 3 Purple Hearts for only flesh wounds, well maybe he was just scammin--but how about the other medals? Simple explanation?

Nowadays we use the word "hero" for some lady whose unit got lost and captured and that we rescued from a hospital. Do we use the word for a man like this, democrat or republican?

h

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2004, 01:34:50 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Silver Star ... Bronze Star with Combat V ... three Purple Hearts ... two Presidential Unit Citations ... National Defense Service medal ... yes I'm rubbing it in ...

Yeah, keep rubbing it in. The second he tries to play those medals, the republicans can play the Hanoi-Kerry card, and top it with images of him throwing his...er...sorry...someone elses medals in the dirt. That guy might just as well take a piss at the flag.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2004, 01:36:36 PM »
Originally posted by Horn
So Gunslinger, Weaselsan, et al--so you military guys have no respect for a Silver Star of a Bronze Star w/ Combat V?

Medals mean squat.....I got a wall full...Hell, I got a Cuban Missile Crisis citation and I wasn't even there. Kerry got a few scratches.
What you non military types don't get is he is giving aid and comfort to the enemy while we are still there....you wanna whine about the war wait till we get back we'll help you....but wait till it's over.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2004, 01:37:37 PM »
Originally posted by Horn

I mean, 3 Purple Hearts for only flesh wounds, well maybe he was just scammin--but how about the other medals? Simple explanation?

Nowadays we use the word "hero" for some lady whose unit got lost and captured and that we rescued from a hospital. Do we use the word for a man like this, democrat or republican?

h

Kerry was given a Silver Star for an action on February 28, 1969:
When Kerry's Patrol Craft Fast 94 received a B-40 rocket shot from shore, he beached his craft in the center of the enemy positions and an enemy soldier sprang up from a hole not ten feet from Patrol Craft 94 and fled.
The boat's machine gunner hit and wounded the fleeing Viet Cong as he darted behind a hootch. The twin .50s gunner also fired at the Viet Cong. He said he "laid 50 rounds" into the hootch before Kerry leaped from the boat and dashed in to administer a "coup de grace" to thw wounded Viet Cong. Kerry returned with the B-40 rocket and launcher.  

sounds like his crew got hit and hit back and he chased down a wounded VC  Not too sure how bright it was beaching his craft havnt found were he got the bronze one yet but typical navy....the officer gets the medal...the crew gets adda boys!
BEFORE

AFTER [edit] it is quite obvious that this is photoshoped and I neve made any statements as to it being anything else [/edit]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 02:01:08 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2004, 01:44:20 PM »
There are at least two crewmen there with medals

Check out Sherlock Holmes...

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2004, 01:44:54 PM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
What you non military types don't get is he is giving aid and comfort to the enemy while we are still there....you wanna whine about the war wait till we get back we'll help you....but wait till it's over.

Sir, you obviously have NO CLUE what giving Aid and Comfort to the enemy means. Ask Oliver North, he is an expert on that subject. BTW, I am a "Military Type".

The Sir is used as a form of Civilian respect, Chief.
Very POOR photoshop job Gunslinger.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 01:49:41 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2004, 01:47:52 PM »
There are at least two crewmen there with medals ... and of course the inevitable photoshoped picture.

big difference between the Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal (16th highest in the navy) and the silver star (5th Highest)!

PS you cant photoshop the look on his face though and the disgracfull wear of the uniform......WAIT....I THAUGHT HE THREW HIS "RIBBONS" OVER A FENCE?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 01:50:09 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2004, 01:49:33 PM »
LOL! Hortlund can't argue any point in this discussion! He goes straight for the personal attack. :rofl

What's there to argue? A bunch of liberals coming in their pants over a democratic presidential candidate who has been in combat?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2004, 01:52:24 PM »

Would you buy a used car from this man?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2004, 01:54:45 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

Would you buy a used car from this man?

Yes.
Would I buy a used car from the man that posted a Photoshopped picture? No.
Stay thirsty my friends.