Author Topic: U.S.A. and France: Common ground  (Read 932 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
U.S.A. and France: Common ground
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 07:45:49 AM »
ripsnort, *******************************...

>>>>>:rolleyes: <<<<<<<

there is a lot being done in Yurop to fight terrorism, they just don't  deem it necessary to show it on local news.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 07:53:49 AM by Saintaw »
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 07:54:04 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
ripsnort, *******************************...

>>>>>:rolleyes: <<<<<<<

there is a lot being done in Yurop to fight terrorism, we just don't  deem it necessary to show it on local news.

Saw
>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes: <<<<<<<<<<

I'm not doubting that. The story I published simply points out that now Al Queda has clearly gone out of its way to NAME France, where in the past France was never said in the same sentence as the US or Britain.  We're all in this together (Particularly the fight against Al Queda) for many years to come..whether you like it or not.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 08:13:06 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Saw
>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes: <<<<<<<<<<

I'm not doubting that. The story I published simply points out that now Al Queda has clearly gone out of its way to NAME France, where in the past France was never said in the same sentence as the US or Britain.  We're all in this together (Particularly the fight against Al Queda) for many years to come..whether you like it or not.

there is more then '1' group of terrorist RIP......

France has been dealing with 'ISLAMIC TERRORIST' way before A.Q....

but I know what your trying to say....its just nothing new for them(French)...just another group making threats

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 08:16:22 AM »
(Particularly the fight against Al Queda) .

Don't let your reading impairment distract you from the subject of the thread Slo...:rolleyes:

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2004, 08:34:07 AM »
Don't let your reading impairment distract you from the subject of the thread Slo...:rolleyes:

thx for the lesson rip:(

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2004, 08:44:09 AM »
Sorry, I was harsh. Accept my apologies for my short temper this morning.

Offline Spooky

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2004, 08:54:32 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Not quite as clean as you made it sound, but neat anyway.

No fatalities among the passengers and no officer KIA is a clean op in my book !

I witnessed the assault live and uncensored, and them GIGN guys have balls of stainless steel.

It was horrendous to watch, the first guy through  the door got shot, and he knew he was going to be shot before entering, yet he went in and supressed the tangos long enough for the first team to storm in.

the terrorists then had to move back towards the cockpit, away from the passengers.

meanwhile, snipers shattered the cockpit windows with large caliber rounds, and the second team was evacuating the passengers by the slides, under fire, and securing them in case tangos were among them, medics were giving first aid to injured officers and civilians right under the fuselage, while flashbangs were going off non stop, then the co-pilot jumped off the cockpit, limping away with a broken hip, and the last two tangos were lobbing grenades and spraying with AK's for a while, until they were dispatched.

later when the radio messages were made public, you can hear gunshots, and the pilot still trapped under his seat yelling at the end "they're all dead ! dead!"

A well deserved to the GIGN, they rocked.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2004, 01:41:01 PM »
Sorry Rip, is this not one of your yurobash(tm) threads? I got lost among those and kept the same beat. that being said... I should maybe one day start to read again what you "paste"tm Ripsnort 2001-2004) here. I have little time, maybe i'm jealous ;)

Spooky, I think iremember that, what year was it?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2004, 05:32:10 AM »
Despite popular opinion, the French have some of the best SOG groups in the world. We could of used them in Iraq and it would be nice to have them with us in the future, providing both sides can get off their high horse and comprimise.

This is not a political stab, just the blatant truth about both sides inability to look to the future.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2004, 06:52:05 AM »
Delirium the French-lover!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Spooky

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2004, 12:42:13 PM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Spooky, I think iremember that, what year was it?

December 26,  94.

SEVEN years before WTC, same type of target : Downtown Paris

BTW, the prime minister, the interior minister and the president discussed sending armed fighters to stop the airliner in case they could not attack it on the ground : the option was a last resort measure but it was officially considered.