Author Topic: AH Voice Possibly the Problem?  (Read 907 times)

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
AH Voice Possibly the Problem?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
Interestinly enough, I rebooted and that seemed to quell most of the issues with the low FR.

Nim

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
I've been noticing similar things for a while.  Here's the symptoms:

A. Little freezes from time to time (at regular intervals, it seems).  The severity of these depends on - I think -- the frame rate.  I had to switch from 32 to 16-bit color to minimize the problem.  Those of you with stutter might try boosting resolution or color depth and see if it makes it worse.

B. Longer freezes.  When these occur, windows "forgets" about all my USB equipment (Stick, mouse).  Often it will freeze, unfreeze then CTD.

C. Increased whining online about frame rates, freezes, warpy bandits and cheaters.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
Hmmm. I'll have to watch my "beacon" light as Voss suggested.  Didn't pay attention to it during the freezes for me.

I have to agree with NUTTZ on this not being an AH voice client problem.  I did download AH Voice but have not been activating it.

I've had similar symptoms to those stated above by Drstrat.

Tango, 1st Lt.
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
It MAY be squad art related...Look in the bug forum and you'll see a post there about some incompatable nose art.

Here's the post...

As you all have probably noticed my nose art file was evidently causing the frame rate drop as noted by AH in MA tower. I am sorry for any inconveniance this has caused. I submitted this nose art file to AH & it was approved by AH. Evidently they didn't have the software to detect it was only 62X64 256 color, nor did I have the software to detect the discrepency. There was never any ill intent by me, or the artist that created the nose art for my squad. AH has created a fine game and I feel TERRIBLE that I have hindered anyones enjoyment for the last week. You all need to delete zulusix noseart from your C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High\squads
I did this as recomended by AH and this cured my frame rate drop. Hope no one feels ill will towards me or any of my squad members. I suspect there will be hard feelings, and I am strongly considering disbanding my squad. GOODHUNTING!
>>>S<<<
ZULUSIX

I would hope the players will not flame him if this is the cause, after all, the art was HTC approved.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
No reason to flame anyone for this; In fact, it is encouraging the problem was thought through and located so quickly (if this is the solution).

One way or the other it seems it must be server related, and improper art is just as good a reason as any.