Author Topic: I find it interesting...  (Read 1216 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2004, 03:28:15 PM »
I think I'm going to start flying the Spitfire IX more and pretend to be a new guy.  New guys have all the fun!

VWE

I find it interesting...
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 03:34:20 PM »
Then you can come back in here and start your own whine thread about getting cherry picked while typing...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
I find it interesting...
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 03:42:02 PM »
I applaud people that want to help new people get started in this game.  It has a learning curve, and new people can get quite frustrated.  It benefits everyone when a new person wants to get interested in this game.

The Main Arena is a tough place for a new person to learn, but if they are willing to ask for help, they should get it.  Sometimes the help comes in the form of politely asking if they have checked the Training Arena for a trainer.
Other times, there may be a trainer in the MA which should help them.

No one should be made to feel inadequate just becase they are new.  Telling someone to alt-f4 is rude.  If you do not have the time to help them, then just let them be.  They are better off repeating a question on channel one than being told to alt-f4.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

VWE

I find it interesting...
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2004, 03:45:44 PM »
I never told 'em to alt-f4 I actually typed alt-f3... then the rest of the country corrected me.

I typed "climb to 10k, hit enter 3 times then 'O' fast..."

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2004, 04:06:22 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy  " No one should be made to feel inadequate ..."[/B]

Heh, I'm not new and the other pilits are always makin me feel inadequate .:D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
I find it interesting...
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 04:13:27 PM »
Good one slimm :D
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
I find it interesting...
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 04:20:26 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
The only way to clear it is to log out and come back in... not an easy task when in the middle of a run.
Actually, all you need to do is Alt-Tab out and back in..... no need to log out.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

VWE

I find it interesting...
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 04:27:28 PM »
I'm running Win 98 SE on my old AH1 system and alt-tab don't do nuttin fer me honey... ;)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 04:52:37 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
I'm running Win 98 SE on my old AH1 system and alt-tab don't do nuttin fer me honey... ;)

Try alt-F4. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Lazer

• Nickel Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »
People pulled same stunts on me 2 years ago, Now they are getting shot down.  I don't see where the problem is... ;)

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2004, 06:09:55 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
I never told 'em to alt-f4 I actually typed alt-f3... then the rest of the country corrected me.

I typed "climb to 10k, hit enter 3 times then 'O' fast..."

HAHAHHA.   That's so funny and clever!  Man, you must be thrilled with yourself for playing such an amusing trick on a newbie.  Hahaha.  Oh, your wittyness just kills me.  Man, I wish I was half as cool as you so I coulda come up with something so inventive.

Ohhhh, you funny guys.   Your cleverness & maturity never ceases to impress me.  Even after years of flying online, every time I see this stuff I think, "Hey, there goes one wild and crazy guy."

VWE

I find it interesting...
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2004, 06:25:36 PM »
Its the pun for getting a system hand slapping for such a 'funny' remark...

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2004, 06:34:43 PM »
but channel 1 in the MA is not the place to 'learn' AH nor to teach it.

A simeple question requires a simple but straight answer. There is no need for BS "alt f4" remarks.

atta boy... This makes it much better:rolleyes:

I dont know where you learned it all but I did a huge part of my learning in the MA... I think I may have spent a total of 10 minutes in the TA on a single occasion just because it was packed and I wanted to see what was going on...

The MA is in my opinion the best place to learn next to the DA but this depends on what you want to learn. I still dont see why some people including you feel the need to toss out lame remarks to new ppl. Is it because you want to look cool and show everyone how whitty you are? Its just lame... End of discusion.

In my opinion, if someone has the guts to ask for help, they should get it. But thats just me.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

VWE

I find it interesting...
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2004, 06:58:50 PM »
I heard about AH from a friend and flew with his squad when online to learn what I could not learn offline. I can also not only read but comprehend so all that is available on the web site was more than enough. RTFM is what I'd like to type to the picture book people whom start this game. But I'd surely get banned for using such harsh language online... :p

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
I find it interesting...
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2004, 02:31:32 AM »
Originally posted by Kanth
sometimes people's vox just stops working mid game, and there's no real way to tell except that people quit answering you

the best fix for that would be to make your plane explode each time your vox goes out.  make it happen, Skuzzy.  :)

TBolt