Author Topic: Overshoot move question  (Read 1224 times)

Offline JoeBWan17

• Zinc Member
Overshoot move question
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2004, 01:35:57 PM »
Originally posted by humble
JoeBWan....

After reading your post I grabbed a 38 for todays entertainment...didnt get anything that really matched up well with what your real question is but maybe can help a bit...

1st one is a bit long...I grabbed a 38 for a fighter hop then realized I had a couple of 1000lbers on board...got caught by an la-7 on the inbound hop but had enough seperation to pickle off the ord...anyway ended up with a 1 on 2 vs the la-7 and an la-5...I'm a pretty average 38 driver so nothing really fancy...just fundementally correct acm ( I think:))till they both mess up.

http://www.azhacker.com/images/film88.ahf

2nd one is short and sweet...just a basic 38 style stomp on your head move.

http://www.azhacker.com/images/film89.ahf

No clue why I threw this one in...bisquits took my base so I had to land on carrier (which I suck at)...perfect landing profile right up to bounce by mr la-7...ended up bouncing her on in with an extra pelt.
http://www.azhacker.com/images/film90.ahf

Wow thanks Humble.  I'm off to check these out right now.  Its always amazing what you can learn when you see the situation and reaction through another person's eyes.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Overshoot move question
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 02:42:47 PM »
Levi, that's quite the demo... :)  Nice flying, gives a good example of predictive maneuvering and how you look around almost constantly updating your SA.. fun to watch.

-Soda

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Overshoot move question
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2004, 04:32:41 PM »
Originally posted by Soda
Levi, that's quite the demo... :)  Nice flying, gives a good example of predictive maneuvering and how you look around almost constantly updating your SA.. fun to watch.

-Soda

One hell of a "how to"...what always amazes me soda when I look at a clip like that is the gunnery...almost no wasted shot opportunities in whole clip and almost no misses....amazing stuff.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Overshoot move question
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2004, 06:43:09 PM »
I stand in absolute Awe... what a film.

Levi:aok
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Overshoot move question
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2004, 09:16:42 PM »
Nice film Levi...

~S~

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Overshoot move question
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2004, 09:41:34 PM »
Thanks, everyone!  Mostly I hope that JoeBWan takes something positive away from the film.  Even if it doesn't help him to counter such a move, I think it will certainly aid him in performing it.

And let's face it, performing that manuever is a lot more fun than countering it.  :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Overshoot move question
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2004, 10:10:47 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Thanks, everyone!  Mostly I hope that JoeBWan takes something positive away from the film.  Even if it doesn't help him to counter such a move, I think it will certainly aid him in performing it.

And let's face it, performing that manuever is a lot more fun than countering it.  :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

I'll tell you what .. I watched this film when you first made it available, and it teaches VOLUMES. This film is where the "vertical" finally made sense to me and how important it is to dogfighting. Thanks Levi.

What I liked the best  was how I came in the end of the film and saved you from that final Spit ...  :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Overshoot move question
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2004, 11:30:33 PM »
I think Leviathans "crazyfun" and Wt's "film137" are 2 of the best films I've watched. Thats no slight on the others, as many demonstrate excellent recoveries and impossible escapes. But those two, it just seems everything gels (sa, acm, gunnery and a little luck).

Offline JoeBWan17

• Zinc Member
Overshoot move question
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2004, 07:29:45 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

-- Todd/Leviathn

I certainly did take a lot away from that, in fact a lot more than I had anticipated going in.  There is so much stuff going on in that film, and almost every time I watch it I catch something I missed the time before.  Thanks again!

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Overshoot move question
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2004, 08:37:02 AM »
he is flying the spit5 in the film.  practice in it to get the timing down before you try doing the same in a 38.
JG11

Vater