Author Topic: Aces High Terrain Editor  (Read 4131 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Aces High Terrain Editor
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 05:55:58 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
1- Not trying to simply chase whiners but to make obviously needed improvements that I strongly doubt ANYONE would object to.

2- LOL I'll bite my tongue on this one. you wouldnt like the reply. Other then to say Im not talking about wholesale changes here. just some tweaking. A good example of this is a GV spawn point that places you in the middle of the ocean and even if a LTV is spawned iot takes over an hour to get anywhere

3- if humanity followed that line of thought we'd still be striking stone against flint to make fires. All humanity has evolved because of somene taking someone elses good idea, improving on it and making it better.

1: Hundreds of hours went into some of the maps , and were made on the first Terrain editor. Some do need tweeking, BUT That should be done by the original map maker or with His/her and/or Hitech's approval. If you "strongly doubt" some would object , you obviously never have made a map that was approved by HTC:) You'll be in for a shock.

2: spawn point could of been purposely placed there. You never know what the mapmaker was thinking. It also could of been a glitch, mistake i've seen them happen after sending in a map.

3: or worse, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Again IF you really would like to Change a map  contact the original mapmaker for the files and ask. On the download page there is a credit to who made the map. Or as said, create your own, be original, and
show us a great map. The TE takes ALOT of patience and time, you'll quickly understand some "minor glitches" will be over looked with ease:)

Any one remember when there was NO ERROR CHECKING?

Water tiles not at zero?   LOL  500 hour maps were the norm.

NUTTZ