Author Topic: Discoes...Now its my turn :(  (Read 165 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Discoes...Now its my turn :(
« on: February 26, 2000, 01:13:00 PM »
Connecting out of Tacoma through NWlink, I have had terrible connects for the last two days.  

Last night I couldnt stay connected to the host for more than a few seconds.  Tried ten+ times and could not get in without going instantly to red beacons.

Got on this morning and had a good connect for about 10 minutes then the bell started whistling and red she went.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2000, 09:29:00 PM »
Yeager, I've been having beacon and laggy text troubles for 2 weeks to a month now, not the awesome connects that I've usually had since beta day 1 with default modem settings. So I finally tried some different modem settings. Immediatley my beacons and laggy text went away, and gunnery seems to have improved. It's only been a day and a half with the new settings, but they seem to have helped tremendously. The one change that seemed to make the most difference was to uncheck the "compress data" of "Use Error Control" under the connection>advanced tab when configuring my dial up connection(I left the Use Error Control checked however, just not defined I guess). I also have this particular dial up set to 19200 max speed. Changing the "buffers" to minimum under the connection>port settings didn't seem to make much difference however so I've left them at the default settings.

DoctorYo posted a link to more connection optimizing information in the following thread:
 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum5/HTML/000190.html

I live in Alaska, so I might travel the net to HTC through the same routes you do, give it a shot and good luck!

ts

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2000, 11:42:00 PM »
Good work ts!

Thanks and Ill let you know  

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns