Author Topic: Cute story from yesterday  (Read 558 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Cute story from yesterday
« on: March 14, 2004, 08:10:08 AM »
My two sons and I stopped at a friend's place on Saturday.  My firend had bought a mini-motocross bike for his seven year old son and he was finnishing some work on it when we arrived.

He then started it (it is a 50cc bike, but you can put a "governor" on the throttle if you don't want the child riding to go too fast) and began to ride it around a little circuit he set up in his yard.  He is a big guy and he looked like some sort of circus performer as he was far too big for it.  

Anyway...my sons initially wanted nothing to do with this loud and potentially dangerous toy.  But after my friend's 7 year old took a few spins they began to get interested.  Soon my older boy came up and asked me if I would ride it with him.  I agreed and the powerful little bike managed to carry the two of us around the track.

We made two laps of the track and then stopped.  It was about time for us to leave so I told the boys to get in the car.  Then, my youngest (just turned 3) started to fuss and he claimed it was his turn.

I didn't think he would be interested as he never wants to ride my bike with me, but I guess he felt left out.  So, I put him on the bike and we made one lap around the circuit.  When we stopped I asked him if he wanted to do another lap to which he responded "Daddy off".  I thought he had had enough so I went to lift him off the bike (I was still behind him).  He tensed up immediately and screamed " NO...DADDY OFF." and tried to push me off the back of the bike.

He wanted me to get off and to ride it by himself.  LOL  :)

He has never ridden a bike before, not even a tricycle...but he wanted to ride the motorbike by himself.

I'm getting them one next year I think.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 09:01:47 AM »
Rent Easy Rider tomorrow night and start em off properly.

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 09:05:36 AM »
And "The Best of Evel Kenevil"

:aok

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 11:50:35 AM »
When you get your son a bike, make sure you teach him how to keep it safe.
Sorry... couldn't resist  :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 02:34:09 PM »
Dang... Saw beat me to it!!:mad:

It must be written in the walloon gene :o
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 05:08:08 PM »
Good thing we are now both hiding behind a puter, far far away from Bermuda i think... :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 10:38:01 AM »

I guess that is what I get for posting that thread in the past.

Funny though...we have guys who have posted that their bike got stolen and numerous other items but for some reason my scooter getting stolen is something I never hear the end of.  To make it even more ironic I RECOVERED the bike and have since sold it.  So I lost nothing.

Oh well...no hard feelings.  It would just be nice to not have a reference to it just once when I post.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 10:44:56 AM »
Since your bike was stolen didn't any of your sons gain a bit of weight ?
Or have some teeth decay because they eat more candy ?

If yes I think I've found who took your bike :D

(you can call me sherlock ;))

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: Cute story from yesterday
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 10:50:51 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
When we stopped I asked him if he wanted to do another lap to which he responded "Daddy off".  I thought he had had enough so I went to lift him off the bike (I was still behind him).  He tensed up immediately and screamed " NO...DADDY OFF." and tried to push me off the back of the bike.

He wanted me to get off and to ride it by himself.  LOL  :)

He has never ridden a bike before, not even a tricycle...but he wanted to ride the motorbike by himself.

That's a tribute to your excellent motorcycle riding skills.  You make it seem so easy that a 3-year-old could do it! :p

Better place an order for four lawn jockeys now.  One for you, three more for each of their motoX bikes.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 11:44:11 AM »
Originally posted by Curval

I guess that is what I get for posting that thread in the past.

Funny though...we have guys who have posted that their bike got stolen and numerous other items but for some reason my scooter getting stolen is something I never hear the end of.  To make it even more ironic I RECOVERED the bike and have since sold it.  So I lost nothing.

Oh well...no hard feelings.  It would just be nice to not have a reference to it just once when I post.

Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 12:05:12 PM »
Oh you silly boy Curv.

Now that we know it's bothering you.....well it's sig material now!

:D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 12:23:11 PM »
It has been like that for months Swoop.  

No worries though...at least I'm known for something around here. :)

...and by the way...did they ever find that bike of yours that was stolen?;) :p

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 12:28:06 PM »
No but mine was chained to a street light, alarmed, immobilised and covered with a.....cover.  Not securely parked in a bush like yours :p.

Still I suppose what you're known for is way better than what I'm known for.  And what I'm known for is way better than what Dowding is known for ;).

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 12:29:30 PM »
So, how are those panties feeling lately?  Not riding up, I hope! :p
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 12:31:57 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
No but mine was chained to a street light, alarmed, immobilised and covered with a.....cover.  Not securely parked in a bush like yours :p.

Still I suppose what you're known for is way better than what I'm known for.  And what I'm known for is way better than what Dowding is known for ;).

lol

Touche..on your first comment....except that I got mine BACK....sold it for cash and now I have a new bike, which was the best possible outcome.

Also, while it may have always been necessary for you Euros and Yanks to have to lock up your bikes, cars and houses, it is a relatively new thing here.  Growing up we never had to lock anything...I think we actually had to change the locks on one house when we moved out, because no-one had ever used the key and it had been lost for years.  It's too bad that the outside influences have changed things for the worse.

...and I suppose you're right about the other comment.:)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 12:35:26 PM by Curval »