Author Topic: Scenario Question / Poll  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Rapace

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.regiaaeronautica.com
Scenario Question / Poll
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004, 04:45:18 PM »
I vote yes....;)

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Scenario Question / Poll
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 05:30:25 PM »
jordi said:
BH - Ususally a Sceanrio CM is either working on the Design and running of the Scenario or helping run one ( up to 6-9 months at times ) or the CM is not involved in the current Scenario at all CM Duty wise.  If the Scenario CM is not involved at all then if allowed by the player base he could then participate as part of the command staff for that scenario.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  This fine with me.  CMs not only deserve a shot at a staff job due to their enforced non-playing status most of the time, but would probably do a better job than most folks due to their intimate knowledge of what's needed from staffs to make scenarios work.  In addition, I think that seeing scenarios from all levels on the player side would help CMs improve how they design and run scenarios.  

So yeah, this is a good thing all around, IMHO.  Just as long as there's nobody wearing 2 hats.  I can remember some horrific scenario meltdowns in AW caused by guys being both CM and staff for the same scenario ;).

Ruhr was a slightly diff beast since I was helping train a new Scenario CM so I was part of the Design effort - but then relinquished all of my CM powers / access to be the CO also. This was a rare circumstance. Even as part of the design team I was unable to "ENSURE" an allied victory due to my participation at the CM level

I figured this was what you were doing.  I had no problem with it.  My requirement for a distinction between CMs and staff is only for during play anyway.  

The COs are in on the design process anyway, at least the fine-tuning part of it.  They haggle with each other and the CMs over the set-up long before any other playes get involved.  So I see no problem with members of the design team then being on the command staff when it's played out.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Scenario Question / Poll
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 10:24:05 PM »
I do not know all the CM's, but of the ones I do know, and I am pretty sure they are representitive of the group, if they did have advance knowledge that would help their side as a player, XO, CO, whatever, it would not be used, even if it ment serious trouble for their side.
This is only a game (or so my wife tells me) but I think there is enough respect for all that no individual would abuse his/her powers as CM to influence game outcome.
Personal opinion, of course, but if you let me down Jordi, I will come back east and haunt you!
I voted Yes.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
Scenario Question / Poll
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 02:50:07 AM »
My only concern would be in a situation where a CM is need in GODEYE, will he/she be too involved in something else?
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Scenario Question / Poll
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »
A CM who is WORKING the Scenario will not FLYING / PARTICIPATING in the Scenario. So that CM will always be available.

This just involes any CM who is not WORKING the Scenario  but is participating as a player and or command staff.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Scenario Question / Poll
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 05:10:37 PM »
Originally posted by jordi
A CM who is WORKING the Scenario will not FLYING / PARTICIPATING in the Scenario. So that CM will always be available.

This just involes any CM who is not WORKING the Scenario  but is participating as a player and or command staff.

I'll vote in a "Yes "  As long as there is a neutral CM That over see's the senario .

I'm shure that the participating CM's/co's wont mess with the settings during the event because of the time it takes to set these up as fair and real as possiable. (I know i wouldnt)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Gypsy Baron

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~pstrogen
I vote "Yes"
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2004, 04:20:08 PM »
"Yes"...can't see any harm in this...a CM that abused
 his/her priv's wouldn't last long, I should hope.

=GB=
Gypsy Baron  AW CPID 4580
B-17G 447th Bomb Group, 709th Bomb Squadron, Serial#42-31225

Scheherazade - Lt.Phillip P. Zanoya, Pilot

M/Sgt Kenneth N. Johnson, Crew Chief
126 missions without a single mechanical abort[/b