Author Topic: To many annoyance posts  (Read 5560 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2001, 10:28:00 PM »
Nash.. what lose with lack of quanity.. you make up for with lack of quality.

More power to ya <S>

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2001, 10:29:00 PM »
Another way to say that Nash... of the 7 post you've made in the last 5 days.. these were two of them.  And that is better how?

AKDejaVu

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2001, 10:32:00 PM »
Wrong again deja. Of my five posts, the two here are already included.

Or wait, maybe I miss your point (which by now is waaaay off the point, nevertheless). Are you saying that my *lack* of posts overall albeit but for two of them in this very thread (commenting on the battery acid and puke soup whipped up by a couple of our very own chefs) is indicative of something? Yeah. I think you'd be correct.

And I DO so apologize profusely for the lack of quality in my posts. I'll try to do better sir. I bow before the distinct level of quality that your posts effuse, and I could only *hope* to aspire to the evocative and inspirational grace with which you write.

:rolleyes:

whatever.

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Nash ]

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2001, 10:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

Nor yours nash.  Nor hblair's.

Guess its a given.  People always swearing its the other guy.

AKDejaVu

Like the old adagio said, let the people talk by themselfs:

Originally posted by Swulfe

You know, you'd think the whines would cease after the damned thing WAS perked... but no sir, Grunherz has to throw in his usual drivel topped with incoherant babble on the whole "Chog" issue because he was anally intruded by Ripsnort's 4 cannons one too many times.
Poor bastard, you really should seek some professional mental help Grun.
-SW

This is just a tiny example of what is the constant mood and tone of this individual in this forums. His post method is the frontal personal attack with harsh (for saying it lightly) statements like the one avobe read.

I can say that my asnwer to this statement was pretty harsh too but never insulting. I only know that if someone in front of me says something resembling the quote avobe mentioned, I'll cross his face with my hand instantly. Maybe I'll regret it later, but this kind of crap can't go unanswered.

Grunherz didnt answer; wich shows a pretty good level of self control. Or maybe he is already used to this kind of crap coming from the hole that this bugger has as a mouth.

In no way the piece of toejam I've quoted is an strange thing coming from Swulfe. In fact it is pretty common nowadays. Well, to say that it is common is to fall really short because it is really usual.

AKDejavu I have you as a cheerleader of AH; but a pretty decent and more or less sincere and straightforward one. Your defence of your squaddie is something I respect and admire, but please dont deny what is plain to see, and less get in a frontal confrontation with other people regarding this issue. It is plain to see that your squadmate is constantly crossing the line of the personal insult and attack with many people here, the only reason for it being that the people he insults has a completely different point of view than him .  

Either you see what I mean or you are simply blind. And yes, this is said by "whiner whiny" RAM.

I may be a whiner, but at least I dont make the personal insult my "modus vivendi" in the forums, while SW indeed does. I've been in the middle or real personal pissing contests (the most notable I can remember was that big one with Renfield), and I dont feel proud about it. But I rarely, if ever, have fallen to the levels SW has fallen in not once, nor twice, but almost constantly.

In fact I dont know of ANYBODY in ANY forum who repeatedly and constantly does it. At least not before getting a ban warning.

Originally posted by Swulfe
Let 'em get their shots in, no point in turning this into a crap flinging contest

I find this phrase as really ironic and sarcastic,if not downright laughable. Mostly after knowing that the major part of the threads you take part in, are either to start a flame, to insult someone in the most harsh of the ways, to keep the flame burning or to restart it if it has gone too low.

Now you dont post any more in this thread because you dont want WHAT to happen?.

LOL

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2001, 10:55:00 PM »
LOL!  That's just peachy.

Nash, hblair.. you have company.

AKDejaVu

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2001, 11:01:00 PM »
Hell yeah Deja... I think we've got more company than you even realize.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2001, 11:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
LOL!  That's just peachy.

Nash, hblair.. you have company.

AKDejaVu

so, dejavu, you find the passage I quoted above as an acceptable way of posting in this boards?. I remind you that it is only one quote, I could literally fill pages of a book with the posts of that kind that Swulfe has posted in just that tone and way.

If you do agree with his way of posting, please say it so. Will say a lot about you (And not much of it positive, BTW)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2001, 11:50:00 PM »
so, dejavu, you find the passage I quoted above as an acceptable way of posting in this boards?

First post in this forum in nearly a week rametz.  This is where you put it... this is what you do with it.

For you.. the acceptable way of posting would start with  http://www.wwiionline.com ... or have you quit that game too?

AKDejaVu

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2001, 11:58:00 PM »
<duck> (avoids question)
<jab>  (personal attack)

[ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: hblair ]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
Oh.. I'm sorry hblair.

I guess I could have answered a loaded question.

Or.. I could have just posted ram witisisms from the past year... and asked the same question.

But.. that wouldn't be nearly as much fun for you.

AKDejaVu

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2001, 12:06:00 AM »
(hang walks in, hands out beers, collects pointed sticks, clubs, machetes, brass knuks and deja's purse)

"Yah know ladies; fer a bunch steely eyed high-strung egotisical mass-murderin vultchers gettin yer kicks by flyin off every day to kill each other..."

(hang opens deja's purse, takes out the brick)

.. ya'll are surprisingly good natured."
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2001, 01:15:00 AM »
Hehe Hang        :)

hblair, it's typical condescending, bratty, offensive, miserable and depressing deja. Who would expect any different?

The only reason I became involved in this thread was to call him on yet another one of his insulting posts (yes, I truly am sick of them) that he has yet to adequately answer for except to turn and become condescending towards me. Heh, I only (directly) mirrored back at him the exact same thing he said to another player.

I would say something about heat and kitchens, except for the fact that I think he actually loves this toejam.

Deja, if I could give you any advice, for all of our sake, it would be this:

We have new players coming in all the time. Some of them get excited about certain things and post their ideas. Show some restraint and don't go out of your way to make them feel like idiots.

New guys and old guys alike also get pissed-off about certain things. Big deal. Show some restraint, post your opinion if you must, and be done with it.  Do not belabor your points to the extent of being obnoxious about it.

Quit insulting people.

We *all* hear a barrage of things daily that we don't agree with. It is not required of you to speak up on every single bloody thing you do not agree with.

Do not constantly go out of your way to find something that you disagree with. Playing devil's advocate may be fun for you, but the act wears thin.

Not you nor any one of us is an authority on anything. Please get used to it.

Break character and actually outweigh your negative posts with posts that are encouraging, respectful and complimentary to other people from time to time.

That's all.

I don't wanna sound like some kinda granola eatin' flower child here... but geez man, lighten up.

[ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: Nash ]

Offline Ruskie

• Zinc Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2001, 06:18:00 AM »
To maintain privacy, I've tried the game under a different log-in handle and read this board a lot in the last few weeks.

The game is good but unfortunately due to family obligations it's more expensive than I can afford.  Maybe if it comes down in price sometime in the future I'll be able to fly with your guys again.  I enjoyed my time and many of you folks are terrific.

As an outsider looking in, one thing that might help this board would be to restrict some members to a maximum number of posts, say 2-3 per day.  I don't know if that's technically possible but it sure would improve the climate a lot.  There are a few people here with severe cases of 'lastworditus' who post with a single purpose.  They either wish to choke to death or belittle the expression of any other views except their own.  It was discouraging wading through some threads, especially when new people don't fully understand the strange cast of characters who play out their lives daily on here.  IMO only, a reasonable posting limitation on a few would promote a healthier interaction without removing anyone's right to self expression.

Many thanks to Hitech Creations for an overall enjoyable experience.

Take care everyone and I hope see you all again in the future.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2001, 06:54:00 AM »
"...LOL! That's just peachy.
Nash, hblair.. you have company..."

If you think the opinion stated by these guys is theirs alone, you are very mistaken.  Trust me on this one.

Great post ruskie!

bowser

[ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: bowser ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
To many annoyance posts
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2001, 07:09:00 AM »
So this is still going on I see...

YOu people take this all way to seriously.

Do you beat your friend when he kicks your butt and talks smack in Gran Tourismo 2?

Desire for a conflict, and you keep on pushing it.

Hope it makes you feel that much better, I'm laughing on my end.
-SW