Author Topic: Ground Targets  (Read 586 times)

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
Ground Targets
« on: March 19, 2004, 09:47:19 AM »
Not so new guy here again with more questions.  See what you get for being so helpful?!?  That'll larn ya....
What's a good way to practice attacking ground targets?  Is there something offline, or in the training arena that like a drone?  
I actually managed to capture a base (I think) offline a couple weekends ago.  But you don't want to know how long it took, or how many planes went down in the process...
I was trying to find something in the TA on the ground to shoot at that didn't shoot back, since the AI on the flak is just deadly.
Thanks for all the help so far guys (and gals)

Cheers,
Spitter

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ground Targets
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 12:33:31 PM »
What I do for offline ground attack practice is goto Arena Settings and change Protect Objects. That way you can shoot and destroy friendly targets like field guns, town buildings, etc. Of course you don't have that nasty aaa firing at you so you can get in closer than you normally would in a fighting arena but it does let you work on your technique.
With TA weapon lethality so low you only get hit sprites for feedback so its not the best place to practice ground attacks, IMO.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Ground Targets
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 01:39:30 PM »
One thing the the TA has is the aiming cross for bombs so you can see exactly where you're bombs will hit when you release them.  This can be enabled offline as well but I don't know the arena setting offhand.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ground Targets
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 02:38:59 PM »
Training bombsights can be enabled in Arena Settings under Flight Mode Flags, I believe. Use the Dive Bombsight for a training sight for bombs and rockets. The Precision sight eliminates any calibration needed for level bombing , so don't use that one.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
ground targets
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 01:12:43 PM »
ok preety simple once you get the hang of it

first get alt, dive at angle and cut your throttle to avoid compressing, line aircraft up with target by putting it ohh say an inch under your sight, release and pull up using evasive manuvering to avoid being hit by ack.

if you missed its usually because u did it wrong or dropped too low

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
Re: ground targets
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 11:39:49 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
...if you missed its usually because u did it wrong...

Hehe, well, I'd hate to think I missed because I did it right!! :rofl
Seriously though, thanks for the advice!  Off to TA to practice....

Cheers,
Spitter