Author Topic: Bring back Pizza!  (Read 1906 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 08:07:16 AM »
pizza embodies everything that is wrong with the current "strat" system... buncha far fields with 25% fuel..  great map if you like to tour in a peeeee 51.

I can't believe metavoss is calling someone and egomaniac....  I bet he's just mad cause fester is taller and better looking than he is... Oh wait... allmost everyone is...

Maybe it's cause he can make a map that everyone likes and fester has never been caught in huge flight sim scams or cheated other players?  

lazs

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2004, 08:30:46 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Maybe it's cause he can make a map that everyone likes and fester has never been caught in huge flight sim scams or cheated other players?  

lazs

are you sure EVERYONE likes what Fester did....

I don't like mindless furball maps....and I know others that don't like it either.

all we did was fight for the same damn base for over a week....it was gang or get ganged....

and you should stop living in the past Laz....

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2004, 08:50:27 AM »
I love when people who dont furball say pizza map has tons of furballs.  

If you really furballed you would know pizza doesn't have em.

Pizza Crap sucks move the fields closer or kill it!!!!1:D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 09:00:56 AM »
slo... there were plenty of fields that had no furballs at all on festers map.  you had the choice to go there.   Are you saying that given a choice.... people will go where the fun is?   Are you saying that we need maps that stop people from doing what they want so that they are forced to do what you want?

as for living in the past.... I see no evidence of change.   I see the same arrogance and drive and basic dishonesty that I have allways seen in the man.

lazs

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2004, 09:12:24 AM »
all we did was fight for the same damn base for over a week....it was gang or get ganged....

Is there a reason, you stayed on one base the whole week?

There were plenty of other bases on that map.  Why didn't you go fight for those bases and leave the middle part for the last base capture.  Hell you don't even need to capture it, leave it as the last base.

Offline HUN

• Copper Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2004, 09:40:08 AM »
I never thought I would see anything worse than BIG ETO in Air Warrior. (which by the way was also a total failure) I was wrong...

I understand the designers of Pizza were under very tight restrictions on what could and could not be done and I also understand that it had to be done because HT wanted to experiment with game play--hey sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.  For most players, what pizza introduced,  did not work.  But I think it was an important map for the evolution of AH.  I think Fester's map would be far less enjoyable if he didn't have a "what not to do" template to refer to...

But let's face it the vast majority of us are here to fight... pizza offered very little of that.  The majority of the time you would spend "sneaking" undefended bases or trying to anticipate the "sneak" and foil the capture.  Fun for about 15 minutes but in the larger scheme of things a total snooze.  I also know that 90% of our squad would log off as soon as pizza loaded.  

I hardly ever saw a furball on it except for a few CVs that would be sent into battle (as most CVs were used to circle HQ to protect radar) Speaking of radar--How much fun was pizza without dar?  I mean you literally could not find a fight--each base flashing would have a single P38 porking the town or an M3 trying to steal it.

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2004, 10:03:01 AM »
BAN PIZZA!!!!:mad:
Joc

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2004, 10:29:52 AM »
SunKing slaps MetaTron with a big fat trout.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2004, 12:02:46 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
are you sure EVERYONE likes what Fester did....

I don't like mindless furball maps....and I know others that don't like it either.

and you should stop living in the past Laz....
Agreed.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2004, 12:26:14 PM »
ahh man i was just starting to cause havoc in my me262

:(  cant charry pick there anymore

but i do like the mindless furballs to
known as Arctic in the main

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2004, 02:14:28 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the humor in metavoss and beetle telling us what a furball is and how easy it is to find one.

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2004, 03:44:13 PM »
Did HTC announce the withdrawal of pizza? I would like to read their statement. Anyone have a URL?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2004, 04:23:39 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Did HTC announce the withdrawal of pizza? I would like to read their statement. Anyone have a URL?

http://www.whogivesacrappizzasucks.com
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2004, 05:26:05 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
I love when people who dont furball say pizza map has tons of furballs.  

If you really furballed you would know pizza doesn't have em.

Pizza Crap sucks move the fields closer or kill it!!!!1:D
there are furball you just have to look harder for finding them.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Bring back Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2004, 05:35:48 PM »
lolh,

OK if you have to look for a furball they don't exist.  Many people also agree that Pizza does not offer much for furballing.  Obviously they are wrong too.:rolleyes: